Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Camp; questions about rules

Me and a guildmate of mine were camping some mobs, people came and asked if they were camped, and we said yes. They escalated it into a flaming match in ooc when we said we didnt want to share, as we were easily keeping all of them down without problems. Is it against the rules, or would we be punished for not sharing in the future, if we ignored the flaming match and kept to our mobs?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Need more specifics on this situation imo. Dudes used to get mad when I would be in CT camping every named mob at once even though I was keeping them all down easily. If your camp is confined to a single room or small area they were probably out of line, if you were trying to camp a much larger area then there's a problem obviously.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Orc

Pretty much if you have to move to it, you don't have it camped.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It was the spectres in feerrott, the small cave system, not spread out over the zone or anything
Old 01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

This rule is so situational it hurts to answer specific questions without screenshots but... if you are in an indoor zone like a dungeon your camps will usually consist of a single room but allowing you to pull openly from other uncamped rooms until someone claims. If someone is claiming multiple camps and there is nothing else open for you to take just ask them what camp they would prefer (doing this nicely is the best way to avoid ooc dick measuring contests) and most people will usually be pretty friendly about it.

For outdoor zones its hard to define a camp as alot of "camps" have a large area that the mobs roam or spawn in. An example of an outdoor camp is spectres in oasis. The entire island is concidered one camp but if you cant break the camp and consistently kill all the spectres then the ones that you can not are open for grabs. Spectres is one of the easier camps however and when you start getting into OOT or Ancient cyclops camps the line starts to blur a bit. use your discretion and try not to be a douchebag by not trying to bite off more then you can actually chew and you will most likely avoid the OOC battles.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

We could definatly chew them all, and spit them out to chew again before repops, i wasnt sure exactly in this case because if two separate people can camp all 7, why couldnt 2 people together. And i was told i would get suspended for not giving away my mobs, i just want to know for next time so i know to keep killing or find a new place
Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

If you already had the spawns on a rotation and were pulling them as they popped then whoever said that to you can eat shit and die. You had the camp and whatever threats they said to you were just that, threats. Nothing bad would have come of it for you. Hopefully whoever said that wasnt so retarded as to petition and waste a GM's time when they are as busy as they are these days with real issues.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hahah it was my guild leader, peace pipe ^.^
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need more specifics on this situation imo. Dudes used to get mad when I would be in CT camping every named mob at once even though I was keeping them all down easily. If your camp is confined to a single room or small area they were probably out of line, if you were trying to camp a much larger area then there's a problem obviously.
Lawl, coming from the guy who tried to steal camps on the regular.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Hold on, your guild leader was flaming you? or it was you and your guild leader who were camping it?

Closed Thread