EverQuest Project 1999 6 75.00%
Guild Wars 2 2 25.00%
Old School RuneScape 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate, Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Exclamation Guild Wars 2 vs Old School RuneScape vs Project 1999

Hey guys, so I've played EverQuest Project 1999 and OSRS for a few hours and I like both. Right now I already played a lot of Guild Wars 2 because I thought I could finish the story quickly and get some progress and then play more EverQuest. But now I am stuck doing Tier 1 Fractals while trying to complete the story DLCs and I realize it's almost impossible to play all three of these MMOs simultaneously. I am more of a progress focused person so grinding means a lot to me. If I want action I'll play Counter-Strike 2 so the MMO has got to be more fun and chill which is why I'm asking you:

Should I stop playing Guild Wars 2 or EverQuest Project 1999 or OSRS and only play one of these games? Which one's the best for me, what do you think? I am a little bit worn out of playing Guild Wars 2, it just takes too long to complete anything and it's not as fun as I imagined (walking simulator). For OSRS I can just play the game while listening to music so that's pretty cool. EverQuest Project 1999 I've only leveled a Barbarian Shaman up to level 8 so I don't know much.

I've been looking for a rather chill and easy to play MMO so should I quit GW2 and P99 to play OSRS or should I rather pick between P99 and GW2? Anyone can give some opinions on these three games? Which one is worth playing IN THE LONG RUN? EverQuest Project 1999 has good music and looks but I don't know if it's worth learning to get the experience. Is it better than OSRS and Guild Wars 2?
Old 04-05-2024, 12:07 AM
Large Rat

I played guild wars until my player capped. I can't stand with that game is nobody has a specific job. every class can do everything healer tank damage crowd control. it just sucks because the groups composition doesn't really matter. you can't say I will be back up healer because everyone has heal spells. p99 all the way. Everquest classes are the best ive ever encountered.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Should I stop playing Guild Wars 2 or EverQuest Project 1999
Yes. Stop playing EQ. We dont like game whores here. One game lady friend at a time.

Also AI captain!
Old 04-05-2024, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

You can probably sink more hours into EverQuest or Guild Wars 2.

I can't speak too much for OSRS but it seems fairly flat for things to really do in comparison on a daily basis.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can probably sink more hours into EverQuest or Guild Wars 2.

I can't speak too much for OSRS but it seems fairly flat for things to really do in comparison on a daily basis.
I have friends into osrs and the amount of daily grind available for a single character is absurd.

I also want to take a moment to say how cool the name Runescape is. Rune scape. Runes cape. Run escape. Kinda fun it can be split up in three ways! Apparently capes are quite important.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-25-2024, 05:43 AM
Large Bat

If Guild Wars 2 isn't doing it for you and you're feeling burnt out, maybe take a breather from it. OSRS sounds like a cool option if you dig grinding while jamming out to tunes. EverQuest Project 1999 has that classic vibe, but it might take a bit to get into. Just go with the flow and see which game clicks with you the most in the end[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2024, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Not played GW2 in a few months, (I really need a new computer, as some of the area's a sub 10 FPS for me).
But the great thing about GW2 is taking a break from it, and coming right back into it months later. And while you can argue that's true for P99, in GW2 you have a lot more content with more being released.
I will admit GW2 is far from perfect, I'm not a huge fan of the "action RPG" style of combat. I'm old and do prefer the classic trinity style of mmo's, but it's really only in group / pvp content that bothers me. Solo out doing story or achievements it's fine.