Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Orc

Default Ripped off

Tried to purchase a rusty Rapier at the highpass merchant today and I got ripped off for 75pp and did not even receive the item. This BUG has to be fixed. New people can NOT afford to lose money. I sent a petition hopefully I can get reimbursed before i hit the level to buy spells, cause now that the game ripped me off I can't afford to buy them.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

It seems, thus far, that reimbursement is anything but important. One of my guildees has been waiting for the GM's to credit him with a response for a very long time. As for me, it's been several days. It also destroys the quest. By the time it's REALLY fixed, I'll be out of the range for which the quest is even useful.

Well, someone once told me it helped to bump a post every day. I'll do that and see if it works. That 250 plat was my life's savings on two of my other characters. :-/
Old 01-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Yesterday, I sold backpacks to a merchant and didn't receive coin. These weren't items I had received from a quest turn-in, though I did acquire them by the old find a quiet corner and drop, then log on the other character and retrieve method. If it would be helpful, it's the two characters in my sig. Faeala bought the backpacks, Aurean sold them.

Just making sure this is all part of the same bug (since the source of the items was different than before), and not some new problem.

Also, hoping against hope for an ETA on the fix update. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
VIP / Contributor

Updates are generally unannounced. It's really a combination of having enough worth patching onto the main server, and Rogean having the time to patch it. I'm sure he makes it look easy since there's never more than 20 mins of downtime, but it takes him a lot more time than that to get everything ready and do it.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Makes sense. Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

Well, it's really some bullshit, man. Me and three of my friends quit playing because of the loss. Totally screwed us and our guild over and left us very frustrated. It's supposed to be a fun fantasy game, but the in-game GM's are apparently too lazy to reimburse, and the forum GM's don't even respond. No one repays what the glitches take, and there's no warning other than reading every bug in the forum, apparently. How hard would it be to change the NPC text to say: "Warning: quest items will not be resold," I wonder? I bet it's actually not a lot more work than most of us think. I bet it's a matter of changing the NPC's text. And there's nothing classic about getting ripped off at every damned quest merchant. I played classic for years on live and never had it happen even once. I'd think a game-wide ERROR/'huge fucking glitch' causing a gigantic fucking in the economy would be a PRIORITY. If it's already in the next patch... seal the freegin deal, man! And start reimbursing people for God's sake!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 PM
VIP / Contributor

Yeah man, it's some total fucking bullshit!

Because it's not like I already said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It shows up in the logs when an item is sold for no money. I've got a query prepared to run during the next patch that will take everyone who has sold an item for no value, total up the amount lost, and add that to your bank's copper slot.
And didn't go out of my way to do this:

Code:
CREATE TABLE bugfix as
SELECT
character_.id AS CharID,
eventlog.charname AS Charname,
(ascii(mid(profile, 4749, 1)))+(ascii(mid(profile, 4750, 1))*256)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4751, 1))*65536)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4752, 1))*16777216) as bankcopper,
SUM((SUBSTRING(description, 7, 2)*items.price)) AS TotalLost,
REVERSE(CHAR(((ascii(mid(profile, 4749, 1)))+(ascii(mid(profile, 4750, 1))*256)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4751, 1))*65536)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4752, 1))*16777216)+SUM((SUBSTRING(description, 7, 2)*items.price))))) as newstring,
LENGTH(REVERSE(CHAR(((ascii(mid(profile, 4749, 1)))+(ascii(mid(profile, 4750, 1))*256)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4751, 1))*65536)+(ascii(mid(profile, 4752, 1))*16777216)+SUM((SUBSTRING(description, 7, 2)*items.price)))))) as strlength
FROM
eventlog
Inner Join character_ ON eventlog.charname = character_.name
Inner Join items ON LTRIM(SUBSTRING(description, 40, 8))= items.id
WHERE `event_nid` = '3' AND LTRIM(SUBSTRING(description, 29, 3)) = '0'
GROUP BY CharID

UPDATE
`character_`
INNER JOIN `bugfix` ON `character_`.`id` = `bugfix`.`CharID`
SET `character_`.`profile` = REPLACE(`character_`.`profile`, mid(profile, 4749, `bugfix`.`strlength`), `bugfix`.`newstring`)
Quote:
[09:48] {Rogean} It's in the character blob, not easily extracted and almost impossible to edit from mysql directly
[15:30] {Rogean} I told you.. getting the variables formatted and extracted was the easy part.. its probably impossible to actually modify the values in the binary blob without corrupting the character
[15:30] {Rogean} you need a program to do it
You're damn lucky anyone was even willing to try to do it.

For the record, it's easier to pretend you left the server in a fit of erroneous self-righteous retardation if you actually leave. More than happy to assist you with that if you can't figure it out. Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Look at my account. I did leave the server. No self-righteous bullshit. Also, my friends left it. We're all butthurt about it, and it's totally understandable. Someone responded to this thread recently, so I submitted an additional response. This has got to be the worst bug I've ever seen in any game, ever, Uthgarr.

And as for your already having said it: I'm not stalking you. Do some PR to cool the heads. You let people get pissed off and stay pissed off for months at a time. That shit ain't right. I don't know what you said when and where and whatever, and it's not my responsibility to. I'm trying to relax. I just feel like..., if it's patched already..., then upload the patch already! Because the coding must be very complex..., but come on.... Is uploading the patch really all that difficult? My programming experience tells me that that must be the easiest part. It's got to be 1 to 4 lines of code that you've done 10,000 times. Whatever whatever. The point is: this is a very important patch.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

And hey man, what about interest?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Here's the thing.... It's a fantasy game, but when I log on I have to deal with non-fictional problems: a fucked up economy, asshole support guys who bitch about work and have no people skills, fighting, the IT industry prioritizing feedback and design, the lack of community. The entertainment industry in America sucks and where I live 90% of the people are crack heads. Every one of my coworkers does meth on their break, and I end up carrying the load for my entire company. Log in and my guild wants me to do all the trade skills with no money and no quest loot. You guys are fucking assholes, dude. You don't deserve any praise. You've got a fucking 15-line script that you haven't applied... That probably took you an hour to write! You could have paid an Indian or a Middle Easterner or an African to do it for 5 bucks, or you could have done in the good old fashion US way for 35. Big deal. We're splitting pennies, and your user base is being owned in the meantime. You could have put a message out to prevent people from walking into the kind of traps that cost them everything they own, but apparently you never played the game to the extent that you understood what people invested in. Don't call me a fucking prima dona because I'm doing you a huge favor by sending feedback to YOUR COMPANY. This is my free time, and you're at work on an investment, bro. In other words, I'm paying you. You know, when someone steps into my cab and says: "Hey, it's a little dirty back here," I don't say: "Fuck you, you self-righteous prick." I say, "Thank you, sir." And I get a tip from them, then I clean my cab and get a tip from the next guy. It's not about whose insult is the best. I'm trying to help you out. Why did I uninstall? Because you fucking take 3 months to write 15 lines of code. Why did my friends uninstall? Because you take 3 months to write 15 lines of code. If you know about a major bug that's fucking up the whole economy and destroying major sections of the game, broadcast a daily message! Fix it! Make it a sticky post! Put it in the MOTD on IRC! Do something to prevent people from slitting their own throats again and again and again! Realize that you've got 20 different threads, several posts each, with the same issue... PROBLEM! And 20 DEDICATED customers is better than 500 hit-and-miss customers. 20 people who think you suck and don't know how an issue tracker works and are going to insult them every time they submit feedback are going to be nothing but poison. You should be kissing my fucking short and curlies, man. This is good shit, and you really need to figure it out at some point.
Closed Thread