Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-22-2021, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Default Not so random crashing

Anyone know what would cause P99 ran through WinEQ on a Zephyrus G14 to crash on certain zones? Almost guaranteed crash for me at TD Firepots, The Hole (Top of CE), and Kael 4-way. Game is fine everywhere else, but these not so random crashing gets annoying.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:45 AM
Kobold

I had a similar issue. I stopped using WinEQ2 and switched to dgvoodoo2 and use borderless gaming to make it full screen. Create a copy of your working everquest folder to your desktop. You simply download dgvoodoo2 and copy the directx dlls into this everquest folder that has your everquest.exe files and launch everquest using the launch everquest.bat file located in the everquest folder. You should get a watermark in the lower right corner of your everquest screen if it's working. There is another post here that has screenshots of more advanced setup of dgvoodoo2. By default it has very low gpu memory settings and the watermark enabled. Using the dgvoodoo2.exe you can change settings and disable the watermark. Once you have made the customizations you will need to copy the configuration file that dgvoodoo2 created into the everquest folder where your dlls and Everquest.exe files are located.

I also wanted to add that you can run everquest full screen using dgvoodoo2. Alt+Enter will switch you between full screen and windowed. I find that the windowed mode allows you to use overlays like Gina and nparse while full screen will not. That's why I run it in windowed mode and simulate full screen with borderless gaming.

Before using dgvoodoo2 I would always crash near the spell merchants at the OT outpost. I haven't crashed since using dgvoodoo2 and I can finally use dual monitors. I disable dual monitors using windows+p keys and log into a character and then make it full screen using borderless gaming before enabling dual screens again with windows+p. This allows everquest to control gamma settings. I can then watch YouTube and browse the internet on my other monitor. Everquest will get a lower framerate while you interact with anything on the other monitor but will return to normal when you return to the game.

/end ramble
Last edited by Lich; 11-22-2021 at 03:56 AM..