Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nergasm intensifies <3

Reminds me of all the DND maps Dungeon Masters use to have in binders all over graph paper and whatnot.
https://wiki.project1999.com/

https://wiki.project1999.com/Upper_Guk
Old 01-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I tried to create a Gnome Enchanter cause I thought with some Mana regen I would become more appealing.. I can kill anything, I dont know if I am just in the wrong place or what. Anybody got any advice to keep my interest?
I'm assuming you meant to say you *can't* kill anything. Like others have said, consult the wiki. Check out the new player guide. Part of the advice there is that except for like the very first few levels where white cons can be okay, you only want to fight things that con blue. As you get higher in levels, yellow cons you will almost never want to fight alone, red cones definitely never, and even white cons will have a good chance of killing you.

I recall someone saying that even later the devs who made it said the regen was too slow. It is what it is unfortunately. As an enchanter though you'll never have to worry about not having clarity. Enchanter though, while very powerful, is one of the harder and more dangerous classes to play, if not most.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried EQ when it 1st came out and I hated it. the mobs are so hard and the downtime
is so long. I love the lore and the character abilities and watch other people play and it looks so fun. I created a Halfling Druid and got myself to level 8 but I am still using the bronze hammer I bought when I first started. (Someone set me up with 10Plat when I started or I dont think I would have lasted this long.) I tried to create a Gnome Enchanter cause I thought with some Mana regen I would become more appealing.. I can kill anything, I dont know if I am just in the wrong place or what. Anybody got any advice to keep my interest?
Firstly, welcome to P99 - it's not for everyone but if it is then there's so much fun to be had. I think Druid is a great first class, but the low levels suck for everyone - so don't worry about that. I guess you bought your bronze hammer from a vendor - don't do that, you'll get far better weapons from other players - don't worry, I did exactly the same thing on Live back in the day. East Commonlands is the place to go to buy and sell stuff. It's not too far away but make sure you make the journey in the daytime or Kithicor Forest might be a challenge.

As mentioned, do check out the various guides on the wiki. I'm not familiar with the Halfling newbie zones, but I presume they have decaying skeletons and bears? Kill those, keep the bone chips and any HQ bear skins and sell those to other players in EC. In one or two levels you'll be able to hunt wisps, make sure you have a magic weapon if melee'ing and keep any Lightstones or better still, Greater Lightstones as they too have value.

Edit: also, EC is a good place for low level groups at the orc camps. Type /lfg to put your LFG flag on, type /ooc lvl 8 druid lfg or just go up to a group if you see one and ask them directly.
Last edited by Thrombosis; 01-07-2022 at 06:43 AM..
Old 01-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ @OP

Player made information is the best nostalgic experience that P99 has to offer in regards to classic experience. Only, its compiled all in one searchable location, the thing robbed from you is searching it own on your own, often across obscure websites.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, that is AWESOME! I think I lost all my old binders in one of my moves...
Old 01-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

I used to print out full quests and take it with me on roadtrips so when I got back home I knew what I had to do, boy my parents were pissed with how much ink we spent.
Closed Thread