Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Default Wizard guides for quad kiting?

Looking, only quading guides are for druids.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Principle is the same for most part aside from how druids can split some camps with harmony.

Have SoW or Jboots and damage shield on. Flux staff 4 targets to pull them and then run around in a circle or long X and then Y axis to group them. Once grouped cast AoE snare, make sure to not be too close or you will snare yourself and die (same applies to the nukes). If one mob resists then snare that one only, regroup them and snare them all again until you see 4 x snare messages in log. After that nuke with your best quad damage spell.

Targets you can find in any quad guide. I did NK guards (pulling bridge and tower), butcherblock shore dwarfs, TD spirocs, kelethin guards (may be more difficult now with NPCs still attacking I think) and armored suits. Qeynos bankers got nerfed. TD raptors are dangerous, have a huge corpserun unless firepots bound and drop nothing and sometimes a big ass mob spawns thst you can’t deal with so I’d avoid them. Cobalt scar wyverns are a popular option for early 50ish levels and may also be a good option to kelethin guards.

As far as gear, all you want is int and +mana. Icy soloist’s wand can help to finish off tve last mob if you get resists and end up oom.

Oh and some start quadding before you get your snare spell, a few targets like giant beetles and crag spiders can be outrun if you only strafe+forward run (gives you more speed).
Old 01-26-2022, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Sow pots, lvl 16 pillar spell, go ham.
Pull with lvl 1 bolt spell until you get flux staff

16-22 Gnolls in east karana (just the ones on the hill near the water south of bridge). Day are lower lvl and undead reavers are a bit higher
22-28 Spiders in East karana by ramp to high pass. Round up four then kite in the canyon next to ramp.
28-38 gnolls outside of Paw
33-40 guards in north karana (2 at bridge 2 at tower) sell shields/fine steel at druids
39-48 dwarfs in butcherblock (sells at Druid rings)
44-51 aqua goblins in LOIO
51-54 dwarf guards in butch (come between lvl 40 and 45 to figure out which are level 40)
Etc.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

34 Wiz here. What do y’all set as far as hot keys? I have flux staff and a few aoe spells.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Click my sig for a quadding guide
Closed Thread