Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Warriors have way better dps. Root the mobs, done. Knights are only required if your players are bad and you don’t want to kill mobs faster. Have your best player play enchanter.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Player 1: War / SK / Pal / Monk

Player 2: Enc / Bard / Necro

Player 3: Druid / Cleric / Shaman

Player 4: Mage, rogue, monk, wiz

The best 4 man group is war, enc, cleric, rogue by a country mile...but you could also do a theme like all iksar (War/SK, monk, shaman, necro), charm/pet insanity (enc, necro, bard, mage/druid), etc.

Just make sure you have a slower. Slows are the most efficient "heals" in the game.
This is awesome. I really like your suggestion. I've been dithering between SK and WAR - I'm thinking Ogre Warrior is the way to go.

What races would you play for the ENC, CLE, and ROG?
Old 01-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors have way better dps. Root the mobs, done. Knights are only required if your players are bad and you don’t want to kill mobs faster. Have your best player play enchanter.
I agree - a lot of people talk about snap aggro with the SK / PAL, but I know I will miss the DPS of a good old WAR...
Old 01-23-2022, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellarnetics [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks - this is exactly what I started exploring last night. I played a warrior in the old days and loved it. I'm going to miss giving it up but it is hard to pass up the solid aggro generation capability of a good SK tank.

So now we are thinking: SK / CLE / WIZ. I'm personally in favor of an ENC but am worried about their contribution to the group. Sure, the haste and mana regen is great, but do they otherwise make contributions to DPS? Is the haste and mana regen enough? I've never played an ENC before so forgive my ignorance.
No worries! Encs are total beasts on p99. They can contribute boatloads of DPS by charming mobs (especially as you start getting higher into the levels and mobs start doing a lot more dps). This is normally achieved by the enc focusing on stacking CHA instead of INT until CHA is 200+ I believe. Can also go totally banana sandwich and haste the pet and give it weapons.

There are rumors of changes coming to charm at some point, but none have materialized so far.
Old 01-24-2022, 04:48 AM
Large Rat

Default I enjoyed this thread until I saw this jackass. Hope you have fun with the kidos bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Family "
Old 01-24-2022, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

#1 rule of EQ is whatever your happy to play you should play. With that being said, any group that has a cleric and a enchanter or bard in a group as anchors is all set. Some points of contention

- I’d go enchanter over bard for ease of play, bard can be tricky to play well unless they know what they’re doing. Best race for enchanter is high elf but can’t go wrong with dark elf either if your going evil.

- As a warrior tank (assuming your not twinking) your strengths are that you do more dmg then any of the tank classes as well as take hits better than anyone. Your weakness is your pulling ability is limited as well as your ability to maintain aggro for a while so having a magician as your main DPS is a good call, good pet dmg, nuke dmg, and DS. Also won’t mess with your aggro at all, yes it’s not super min max but it’s dam good enough.

So you can’t go wrong at all with Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Magician, because down the road you guys can make friends and find nice plug ins like monk, shaman, rogue etc.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

I dont believe a modern child can tolerate EQ - these little fuckers have xboxs, VRs, and will compare everything to WoW or any other modern AAA title where P99 just looks like complete garbage... NO chance they can ever get past the shitty UI.

I honestly believe you would have more luck getting them into board Dungeons and Dragons than P99
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I think getting your kids to play what they enjoy the most is a bigger deal than group comp.

4 players can make a ton of things work as long as you have a type of tank (even a ranger) with a type of healer (Necro kind of works).

It might be a good idea to just roll out with whatever class everyone is interested in and then revaluate when you hit the 20's. They may get buffed by a high level druid or enc and want a change.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:17 AM
Kobold

troll sk
darkelf mage
halfling druid
halfelf bard
Last edited by Shac; 01-25-2022 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-25-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

I'll paypal you 500 dollars to not play everquest with your kids who are not victims to crack
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread