Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-20-2022, 09:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So... :S ... no point leveling on green anymore... thanks guys... I guess. GG... I guess.
I'm surprised it lasted this long, but also quite saddened by the turn of events as I thought Kerafyrm was kept sleeping because players wanted to try defeating him/her.

Until the next server!

-Ciao
Old 05-21-2022, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midfrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... :S ... no point leveling on green anymore... thanks guys... I guess. GG... I guess.
I'm surprised it lasted this long, but also quite saddened by the turn of events as I thought Kerafyrm was kept sleeping because players wanted to try defeating him/her.

Until the next server!

-Ciao
Sorry you lost and didn’t get warder loot.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:50 PM
Banned

Warder loot severely overrated. I honestly don't get why it would ever be a make or break for somebody playing here. I mean how many people joined the server and were leveling up like a month before sleeper woke thinking "Okay if I just get all my ducks in a row here I'm pretty sure I'll get some warder loot still!"
Old 05-21-2022, 08:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you lost and didn’t get warder loot.
I never cared about the warder loot... I had a lvl 13 rogue on live with salindrite dagger and SoD, I've already twinked as much as velious is capable of twinking. More than twenty years ago...

I just wanted to be in on a kill attempt... and I thought that was the reason Kerafyrm hadn't been awoken yet.
Because people wanted to achieve something... something that had priorly only been achieved on a PvP-server on live.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midfrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never cared about the warder loot... I had a lvl 13 rogue on live with salindrite dagger and SoD, I've already twinked as much as velious is capable of twinking. More than twenty years ago...

I just wanted to be in on a kill attempt... and I thought that was the reason Kerafyrm hadn't been awoken yet.
Because people wanted to achieve something... something that had priorly only been achieved on a PvP-server on live.
That'll never happen here. There's always been a core of folk here who get their jollies from rustled jimmies.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

The guild that woke Kera on Green wanted to attempt to kill it. Their main competition and some casual guilds decided they would try and foil those plans and they did. There will never be a legit attempt to kill Kera on any P99 Server unless the GMs force everyone to work together and attempt it. You'll always have the 2nd and 3rd string guilds and casuals who think they deserved warder loot upset that the guild on top has decided to wake it and will do what they can to play the role of spoilers.
Old 05-23-2022, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will never be a legit attempt to kill Kera on any P99 Server unless the GMs force everyone to work together and attempt it. You'll always have the 2nd and 3rd string guilds and casuals who think they deserved warder loot upset that the guild on top has decided to wake it and will do what they can to play the role of spoilers.
Would be a solid prerequisite for custom content to be unlocked on blue. Serverwide sleeper kill. But jfc the lag.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Even if everyone here cooperated, killing the sleeper would never happen on p99. It was killed on Rallos Zek in November of 2003. That's a year deep into Planes of Power. The power gap from gear and AA's is too big.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:07 PM
Orc

I think the server should have merged with blue after the Sleeper was released. It would have been good story telling to have the world end in apocalypse from the Sleeper's rampage, and for all characters to have their afterlife in the world of stasis that is blue.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if everyone here cooperated, killing the sleeper would never happen on p99. It was killed on Rallos Zek in November of 2003. That's a year deep into Planes of Power. The power gap from gear and AA's is too big.
Wonder how close the server would get to killing it though, esp if soulfires and ivandyr's hoops were unnerfed. Everything deemed unclassic allowed/reverted back to see what players could do, using all of the tricks. Unlikely to ever take place but still. Either that or custom content first, then return of the sleeper. Also unlikely.