Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-05-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see it too. Once in awhile I see stuff that I didn't think of myself. I like incorporating good ideas when I see them and can use 'em.

For that matter I'd like to see you (or group up in-game sometime) do it the same way I do and witness just how much those excellent resists of yours actually help.

Like, how much junk buffing do you do on those? Since you're not getting tagged often it doesn't seem as important. Usually I have to keep 4 on due to frequent dispells, with slots 5 and 6 being lesser priority stuff like maybe agility. I avoid losing critical buffs (except when buff order fritzes out), but obviously it means I have to pick and choose main buffs somewhat carefully.

Danth
Yeah we can probably coordinate that at some point. I don't have a ton of time these days, but maybe on a weekend.

Resistance-wise when I have like 240+ into a resistance I do resist 4+ dragon AoEs a decent amount when I am pulling them back to the kill spot. I also keep 4 junk buffs up (Ring 9, SoW/Fungi Staff, Black Flower, Green flower). But if I was to kill WW Dragons without the water trick I may adjust my buff orders a bit. It's been a while so I don't remember how often the dispel hits other slots.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah we can probably coordinate that at some point. I don't have a ton of time these days, but maybe on a weekend.

Resistance-wise when I have like 240+ into a resistance I do resist 4+ dragon AoEs a decent amount when I am pulling them back to the kill spot. I also keep 4 junk buffs up (Ring 9, SoW/Fungi Staff, Black Flower, Green flower). But if I was to kill WW Dragons without the water trick I may adjust my buff orders a bit. It's been a while so I don't remember how often the dispel hits other slots.
It's not too often, really. As long as you have two instant-click junk buffs. Doing Hechaeva (sp) with my clicky SoW and Grim Aura items, then junk buffing with CHA, Ultravision, and AGL I can finish a fight with AGL intact sometimes. It feels like its about 70/20/5/5 as far as chances to hit buff slots 1-4.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consistency is greater than shaving 1 minute or 30 seconds. When a fight lasts 20 minutes, you are still killing 3 Dragons an hour if you reduce the time to 19 minutes.
They can be killed faster than that. More fallacies from you.

Quote:
I am not killing Dragons for so many hours a day that 1 or 2 minutes will make a difference. Reducing my chances of getting agroed and then wasting 5-10 minutes gating/killing is keeping my kills per hour way more consistent.
You won't get aggroed anyway if you just play properly. You will save more than "1 or 2 minutes" and you don't just need to be killing Dragons in WW, the time you save means you can move on to doing something else. Either in game or irl.

Quote:
My pet pushes the Dragon out of the water every time he is behind the Dragon, even unhasted. I am sorry you don't understand pushing lol. My pet is positioned correctly to push the dragon sideways, which is keeping him in the water.
You are so dumb. Again, YOU STAND PARALLEL TO THE COAST. So the Dragon is in the water regardless. Him getting pushed only slightly changes where in the water he will be.

Quote:
You also don't seem to understand that you don't have to be directly behind a mob to get the benefits of not getting riposted and whatnot.
Your pet was in the front much of the time in the video. And if you do indeed position correctly, then there no reason to not have the pet hasted from the start.

Quote:
I provided a video debunking your poor theory about using both Bane and Pox to increase DPS and kill times. That is the video I posted above.
Your video doesn't debunk anything. All it does is show how poorly you play.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't get aggroed anyway if you just play properly.
You going to claim you can fight the interior pulls, a few hundred of those over time and never get inadvertent or unwanted aggro? Bullshit. Maybe you lived the good life killing Yeldema and Gafala forever. Or maybe you pulled Bratavar or Mazi or Ayillish four or five times and didn't have trouble and gave yourself a pat on the back. Bravo! Now go do it another several hundred times.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can be killed faster than that. More fallacies from you.
You have yet to prove it lol. I have videos, you don't. More DPS fantasies that have no anchoring in reality. You still don't know what a fallacy is either hehe.

Quote:
You won't get aggroed anyway if you just play properly. You will save more than "1 or 2 minutes" and you don't just need to be killing Dragons in WW, the time you save means you can move on to doing something else. Either in game or irl.
You've clearly never pulled WW Dragons either. You have no real opinion on the matter.

Quote:
You are so dumb. Again, YOU STAND PARALLEL TO THE COAST. So the Dragon is in the water regardless. Him getting pushed only slightly changes where in the water he will be.
You are trying to split hairs because of how badly you are losing. You really don't understand push as your previous posts show. If the Dragon gets pushed a little too far into the water, I lose line of sight and have to reposition the mob, which wastes time.

Quote:
Your pet was in the front much of the time in the video. And if you do indeed position correctly, then there no reason to not have the pet hasted from the start.
You didn't watch the video clearly. You can check the logs, he isn't getting riposted. He's to the side of the mob, to the point where he's doing max damage. You know nothing about fighting WW Dragons, you don't even know how pet positioning works. That is odd for someone who I assume is a Mage.

Quote:
Your video doesn't debunk anything. All it does is show how poorly you play.
It debunks all your posts. You are just too much of a noob to see it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You going to claim you can fight the interior pulls, a few hundred of those over time and never get inadvertent or unwanted aggro? Bullshit. Maybe you lived the good life killing Yeldema and Gafala forever. Or maybe you pulled Bratavar or Mazi or Ayillish four or five times and didn't have trouble and gave yourself a pat on the back. Bravo! Now go do it another several hundred times.
At this point I am convinced he hasn't even killed one WW Dragon. But he will never post any videos of himself, he is probably too embarrassed at his playstyle. It would ruin his already fragile attempt to look like a "pro gamer".
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-11-2022 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-11-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

To be fair I'm not going to post videos of myself, either, because I don't make videos. So I don't hold that, specifically, against anyone. But the suggestion you'll never get aggro there is a straight-up fairy tale. Mobs pop in and out of visual range, they aggro from behind geometry where you can't even see them, you get run over and trained by kiters or by people running to temple veeshan or training sontalak away, you hang out there long enough stuff is going to happen.

Yeah, I can solo pull any dragon there to most any point in the zone, reliably (shadowknight), and a shaman could too if he wanted....but the shaman'll have to do it by sometimes needing to root/camp and whatnot. You MIGHT argue with someone that he could summon the pet and if he has some bad luck and has to root camp once, well, he at least still gets the pet the other majority of pulls that don't go sour.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To be fair I'm not going to post videos of myself, either, because I don't make videos. So I don't hold that, specifically, against anyone. But the suggestion you'll never get aggro there is a straight-up fairy tale. Mobs pop in and out of visual range, they aggro from behind geometry where you can't even see them, you get run over and trained by kiters or by people running to temple veeshan or training sontalak away, you hang out there long enough stuff is going to happen.

Yeah, I can solo pull any dragon there to most any point in the zone, reliably (shadowknight), and a shaman could too if he wanted....but the shaman'll have to do it by sometimes needing to root/camp and whatnot. You MIGHT argue with someone that he could summon the pet and if he has some bad luck and has to root camp once, well, he at least still gets the pet the other majority of pulls that don't go sour.
You don't need to make videos, because you are not making silly claims that you are pushing as fact. It is clear by your posts you have actually fought WW Dragons and pulled in WW. I am not getting that at all from Z.

I am pretty sure you cannot summon pets once you have agro, so I don't think it would be helpful. I'll test that again sometime soon, but I remember having problems with it when making my Ice Burrower video. And this assumes the agro is from something you can root camp. Some of the nastier roamers like Mraaka (who has no agro message and looks like all the other craigworms) has a huge agro radius and isn't going to let you root him hehe.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am pretty sure you cannot summon pets once you have agro, so I don't think it would be helpful. I'll test that again sometime soon, but I remember having problems with it when making my Ice Burrower video.
Don't understand what you mean here. Certainly I summon pets while on a hatelist or directly in combat on a regular basis...P99's channeling makes it pretty simple. Although in this case if you wanted one in advance you'd be summoning one before you went out to pull at all so the aggro's kind of moot. Suspect you mean something more specific and I'm not getting the jist of it.

(EDIT) the funny part is this is deriving from obsessing over speed....and how do you solo-pull there, with minimal chance of adds or issues? By taking your time, being patient, waiting on roamers, watching pathing, and mostly by being slow. Want to pull Mazi, oops there's two wyverns and a drake and oh there's Del Sapara. Now you're either pulling something crappier like Vraptin instead or you're waiting.
Last edited by Danth; 08-11-2022 at 12:00 PM..
Old 08-11-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't understand what you mean here. Certainly I summon pets while on a hatelist or directly in combat on a regular basis...P99's channeling makes it pretty simple. Although in this case if you wanted one in advance you'd be summoning one before you went out to pull at all so the aggro's kind of moot. Suspect you mean something more specific and I'm not getting the jist of it.
OH you mean cast the pet spell. I thought you meant the https://wiki.project1999.com/Summon_Companion spell.

Quote:
(EDIT) the funny part is this is deriving from obsessing over speed....and how do you solo-pull there, with minimal chance of adds or issues? By taking your time, being patient, waiting on roamers, watching pathing, and mostly by being slow. Want to pull Mazi, oops there's two wyverns and a drake and oh there's Del Sapara. Now you're either pulling something crappier like Vraptin instead or you're waiting.
Agreed. Again, for some reason Z thinks all you need to do is increase DPS and everything else will just shake out hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-11-2022 at 12:03 PM..
Old 08-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
OH you mean cast the pet spell. I thought you meant the https://wiki.project1999.com/Summon_Companion spell.
Gotcha. Figured it was some miscommunication like that. Yeah, a sufficiently motivated player could summon the pet then go out and pull and if he has to root/camp once in awhile and lose the pet, so be it. Some folks do that. Some don't like fussing and in the end it's not a big difference killing four of them in an hour and twenty minutes vs, an hour and ten when you're logging off after the fourth either way.