Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 12:28 AM
Banned

pokesan figuerd it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2021, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They’re going to ship it to China. Which is worse

The margins are minimal at pre pandemic prices, but marginal still means profit. I genuinely think keystone XL was better for the environment than the alternative, and north american extraction of jydrocarbons exerts a negative price pressure on Saudi, Russian, Venezuelan, and iranian oil. I see no way in which this opposition to pipeline expansion benefits anyone, except the native Americans as big J said

But I’m genuinely curious if there’s an economic or environmental argument. I don’t think there is
can always trust a dem to break a bad contract for social justice reasons instead of being honest that it's about the money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

canada is getting screwed
Old 01-22-2021, 12:41 AM
Banned

ahhh sooo, that makes perfect sense. I honestly didn't expect him to nix the pipeline, I bet you are right about ulteriors
Old 01-22-2021, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, see, cant win dont try.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:58 AM
Banned

I don’t understand shutting this deal down at all - they even gave Biden a reason to get behind it by offering to build the entire thing with 100% clean energy... it would have created 10,000s of jobs for a decade. The native Americans had a contract with the pipeline to receive a very substantial sum of money, I bet they are pissed too. it’s not like they are herding buffalo for a living these days, they are savvy businessmen. If he shut this down I fully expect some very large bills trying to be passed for alternative and clean energy and strong headwinds for everything oil.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I embed YouTube clips? I still haven’t figured out how to post images so make your explanation rudimentary
Hit quote on the post so you can see the magic and swap out the relevant parts. Merry
Old 01-22-2021, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Disappointed this wasn’t a Key Howling Stones xp pipeline thread btw, glad i entered seems interesting anyway.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

I feel real bad about all of this, but Kaveh makes a point.

Also it's native American land and I am pretty sure they didn't want it. Which is like, it makes forcing a Canadian pipe through their land big commie gov. Since it is their land its like states rights.

I acknowledge there may have been a prior contract with an American native nation, but was it broken before the protest? Or during?

Like if even one native American bundie wants to stand were the pipe is. Cuz muh American rights (which we gave to them).
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-22-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Old 01-22-2021, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Economically it provides little to nothing to the American people, a crappy oil that needs a lot of energy to be refined. Enviormentally the finished parts of the pipeline have already leaked oil into precious lands.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by budz2112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Economically it provides little to nothing to the American people, a crappy oil that needs a lot of energy to be refined. Enviormentally the finished parts of the pipeline have already leaked oil into precious lands.
Interesting. Who was paid to build the pipeline?

Does the pipeline have to pay rent on any land it goes through?
Closed Thread