Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

I know you said no rap but imo most underrated all time is Aesop Rock.

https://pudding.cool/projects/vocabulary/index.html

^^ neat little article / stats

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yeah, hes at the very end of the spectrum

Old 01-19-2022, 07:15 PM
Banned

Yeah but somebody is going to be at the end of that specific spectrum, that's not a measure of the quality of their music or their lyrics. It's like having a spectrum of which hiphop artist wore grey the most often. Eminem can rap faster than anyone (like in monster or rap god) but that doesn't make those songs enjoyable to listen to, cause they aren't. They kinda suck.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you said no rap but imo most underrated all time is Aesop Rock.

https://pudding.cool/projects/vocabulary/index.html

^^ neat little article / stats

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yeah, hes at the very end of the spectrum

Yea that's good stuff. I like early Nas (Illmatic), Cypress Hill and a lot of old school hip hop in general. Rap these days is just mumbling mixed with autotune that requires no talent
Old 01-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but somebody is going to be at the end of that specific spectrum, that's not a measure of the quality of their music or their lyrics. It's like having a spectrum of which hiphop artist wore grey the most often. Eminem can rap faster than anyone (like in monster or rap god) but that doesn't make those songs enjoyable to listen to, cause they aren't. They kinda suck.
agreed, but its an interesting metric
Old 01-19-2022, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when it comes to poetry I prefer the person who is better with words than the guy who wore more grey.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:20 PM
Banned

Tech N9ne!!!
Old 02-06-2022, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Queenadreena
Old 02-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

if we get to talk about rap to resurrect the thread then Bone Thugs N Harmony is my shit. Everyone knows crossroads, but their entire discography is great, and I don't think they get the long term respect they deserve.

Being a suburban white kid in the 90s/00's I didn't care much for rap. But then I heard the song Notorious Thugs with Biggie and I was like hoooly shit. Been a fan ever since. They were my gateway into rap. This song still gives me nostalgic chills listening to it now.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
literally nobody knows those 4 bands lol
Joy Division is one of the most important bands in all of music history. I wouldn't even say they are underrated. It's god tier music that get recognized as such within the community of serious music nerds. It's only within the mainstream that people don't know who they are, and even that has been changing over the last 15-20 years. I suppose you don't know who the Velvet Underground are either? Great band doesn't always equate to popular band. And being that you are here at P99 you should already instinctively know this. If popularity really did equate to quality, then even EQ at it's peak, would have been on the lower tier of MMOs of all time. WoW got big population numbers because it was the easy-listening of MMOs, not because it was a superior game.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:59 PM
Banned

RIP Mark Lanegan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tuary-1311045/
Closed Thread