Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default if a server opens, and whats good pvp class?

k, yea ill say im def maybe a bluebie, i never played on a pvp server on eq, though i did tons of arena stuff with friends

but other games ive always played on a pvp server, shoot pvp is even hard core on the game tibia, and i still play there, only lvl 25, but i still pwn others

id love for this server opens, but talking with a friend of mine, he said that many of you are known to cheat, i hope this doesnt happen, i dont know if you guys cheat, but he said that alot of the rz,tz, lets leave the cheat programs out of game and enjoy some real pvp action

and whats the best pvp class? doubt ill do a shaman, if so ogre maybe, thinking of a bard, or at least some nice class thats good in groups, and i can solo
Old 04-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

U for srs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

ur all being trolled... red99 will never happen
Old 04-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id love for this server opens, but talking with a friend of mine, he said that many of you are known to cheat, i hope this doesnt happen, i dont know if you guys cheat, but he said that alot of the rz,tz, lets leave the cheat programs out of game and enjoy some real pvp action
Do not get confused.. Both red and blue servers have cheaters. The only difference is it is alot easier to catch someone cheating on a red server.

There are those who travel around and do nothing but try and catch people cheating. It's their pvp. It has a greater reward because when you pk someone that way, it can be permanant depending on the staff. From my experience, it is very hard to get a cheater punished and takes alot of time and effort by many players and staff to convict a player fairly. And yes some GMs know less about the game than you would think and will claim game knowledge superiority while not being worthy to manage a lemonade stand and ban you falsely which happened alot on VZTZ. Think Wehrmacht with a gm badge.

My advice is to download fraps and have it ready. Take movies of them hacking, and pm them to the authorities. It could easily take 6 months to convict with certainty. My favorite thing to do is to send the perp a tell everyday "it's only a matter of time". It taunts them everyday until they are finally caught. I imagine it's harder for them to have fun when everyone is sending them tells that they know they are cheating. Alot of cheaters will only be caught with mass petitions, which will trigger an investigation that could last months. Be patient. I noticed VZTZ staff eventually nailed the worst perps, but the sneakier ones got away with it.
Last edited by Macken; 04-30-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

In the 6 months I played vz/tz before it closed, cheating really didn't have any effect on my individual gameplay. Never witnessed anyone cheating with the exception of maybe once or twice where it seemed cheats could have been involved. The devs and staff this time around are actually active. Whereas in garage box they'd login once in a blue moon. Weeding out the few scumbags who are uber nerds and use cheats shouldn't really be that difficult or effect the game on a large scale imo.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

there will be many ppl who use some sort of map hack (either show eq or MQ) to tell your location. so just assume ppl will know where you are.. but other than that there isnt much anyone can do in pvp to affect the outcome of the battle without being obvious.

only things harder to detect and you need to look out for are:

1. "/stick" command - if someone seems to be able to melee you constantly even though you are moving erratically. the hack allows them to auto-follow you within melee range, so they can auto-attack. try strafe running (in a straight line) to escape this. however, if they use this in conjunction with #2, then you will likely die anyway. GM will have to witness and make a judgement call in order to prosecute.. very hard

2. speed hacks - if someone sets their run speed to just slightly above SoW, you will never be able to escape them, and never be able to catch them.. also hard to prosecute, b/c GM will have to witness this himself, and check their buffs. ((unless p99 has some kind of detection system that vztz did not))

but once you know about these things (mostly the speed hack) just look out for it and if you see it, petition the guy's name. GMs will get an idea over time who is actually hacking and who isn't (there are always false-reports, usually made by ppl who didn't understand how they died so they default to accusing hax). then it just becomes a matter of catching them.

what class to play? if you stick with shaman you could do pretty well. you got sow, cheetah, some good dots that are hard to resist.. resist buffs, heals.. a pet. and the ability to make potions, which ppl will need now that they can no longer 2-box or level their own potion-bot to create potions for themselves.

PS: heh. one time i was fighting a guy and i snared him, he paused a second, then shot off at full speed! the buff never even left him, he just ramped up his run speed. it was kinda lol. he got petitioned by me that time, also apparently known by others to hack as well. afer a week, i never saw him again (he got banned). i think the guy's name was Jakkt or something. was a wizard. Boom knows, apparently boom came to pvp him also and we ended up fighting eachother, as well as talking about jakkt's hax
Last edited by Pudge; 04-30-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

and yea like haul is saying, cheating really wasnt a big deal on vztz near the end. ppl did get busted if they were doing retarded shit. and GMs were really good about checking up on ppl.. both randomly checking in, and also if you petitioned.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

1-20 mage is the most powerful class everytime.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

never play a mage bros.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy Lives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur all being trolled... red99 will never happen
This.
Closed Thread