Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Fire Giant

Default Test server?

I imagine that there will be some kind of test server at some point.

We will know what to expect content wise since the server will most likely just be a clone of 1999 (not characters I'm sure).

The testing will obviously be the pvp mechanics.

My question is: Are we all going to start at level 1 like a new server and test, or will chars on p99 be copied over to expedite the testing?

If it is a fresh server for testing, would you consider these things?

1) Vendors that sell research only spells (especially if XP is increased)
2) Spells be reduced in price or something like on the kunark server where we talk to an NPC and they give us spells up to our level (which would work for point 1)

Or is this going to have to be something that is more trial-and-error than anything?

Are you really just going to have to have a few dozen people there casting/hitting eachother to find all the info you need?

Also, do you plan to eventually have some sort of stats page/point system set up?

Thanks for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Point system used on SZ, no idea if they actually want to implement it:

Scoring System

- The new scoring system will award points to any player who kills another player. If the player is grouped the points will be split between the players in the group. The points awarded will be based on three things:

1. Level of the killer

2. Scoring Modifier

a. Level Difference (Each kill has a base point cost determined by the level of the killer. All subsequent modifiers apply to this base number.)For each level the killer is above or below the victim, the scoring modifier increase by one point. If you kill some one who is higher level than you, you'll gain more points than you will for a lower level character. You will also subtract points from your modifier for killing a player lower level then you.

b. Infamy Difference - Each time you kill another player, points are added to your infamy pool. At certain thresholds a player will gain an infamy level. When a player is killed, the infamy levels are compared and the killer gains a scoring modifier point for each infamy level his victim is above him. He can also lose scoring modifier points for killing someone who is of lower infamy. Infamy will gradually deteriorate while the player is online.

c. Vitality score - When a player is killed their vitality is set to 10. For each 5 minutes they are alive, they will gain back two points of vitality. This vitality total is added directly to the scoring

d. Group bonus - Groups of 4 or more will receive a bonus % of points for each kill. 4/10%, 5/15%, 6/20%.

3. Time since the victim was last killed by the same player. Players that repeatedly kill the same player will see a steep decrease in the amount of points a player is worth. They will gain half the points for the kill they normally would for each time they kill that player in a 24 hour period. After the score has dropped below 1 point, they will begin to lose points for killing the same player.

Example: Frizznik kills Rytan. Frizznik is level 60, while Rytan is level 62 for a level difference of 2. Frizznik has an infamy level of 5, while Rytan has an infamy level of 2, which results in infamy difference of 3. Rytan has not recently been killed, so his vitality is 0. Level Difference + Infamy Difference + Vitality = Scoring Point Modifier or 2 + (-3) + 0.

- Each scoring modifier point adds or subtracts 5% to the base score. Normally Frizznik would gain 100 points for killing Rytan, but because of the scoring point modifier he will gain 95 points instead.

Leader Board

- The leader board tracks the players with the most total PvP. A number of other useful statistics will be available in the leader board.
Point Rewards
- A player's point total is capped based on their level. They cannot gain more points once they hit that cap, although they can gain more infamy. There will be a number of consumable PvP items that will be focused on PvP combat, and will only function against other players.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned

You are absolute fail bro i mean absolute fail. I've never seen anyone fail so much so often and so hard. You trollin' bro?

that is not SZ's scoreboard formula moron

It's zek's. (of which i was #16 in kills and #8 in points when i quit, and only enchanter in top 100)

My Pedigree is long and flowing bro.

Get on my level.
Last edited by Macken; 05-01-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

I don't think you ever played SZ. That's like the 7th or 8th claim of something concerning SZ that you have been absolutely wrong about.

It's time for you to be censored. If you want to say anything about SZ on boards, you will need to clear it with the SZ Sensei, or be kicked off the court.

I'm sorry, but it's come to this.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are absolute fail bro i mean absolute fail. I've never seen anyone fail so much so often and so hard. You trollin' bro?

that is not SZ's scoreboard formula moron

It's zek's. (of which i was #16 in kills and #8 in points when i quit, and only enchanter in top 100)

My Pedigree is long and flowing bro.

Get on my level.
ROFL, SERVED

SERVED

SERVED
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

ROFL WORMCHECK BRO, HOWS IT FEEL TO GET

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SERVED.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Banned

SZ was 100 base points modified by 5 points per level difference either way.

Minus 50 points for a second kill within an hour.

Minus 100 points for a 3rd kill within an hour.

I think -50 accumulative points were subtracted for each kill within an hour.

Killing someone your exact level would be worth 100 points. Killing them again within the hour would be worth 50 and a 3rd kill within an hour would be worth 0 points. A fourth, and you would lose points.

Killing someone 20 levels over you would be worth 200 points or 2 kills.

Killing someone 20 levels below you would be worth 0 points.

Killing someone 21 levels below you would be worth minus 5 and so on.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

O god, I could care less that I labeled the patch notes I posted as "SZ" instead of "Zek". It's the only point system I saw in the patch notes that lists the formulas. I didn't even bother reading it. I just posted it if the GM's wanted the formulas for some kind of point system. Nobody cares macken.

All macken posts are like having a little crying child follow you around saying "YOU DIDN't USE A PERIOD IN THAT SENTENCE, U R GAY"
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Banned

lol
Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Banned

you never played SZ
Closed Thread