Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't have item loot, you idiots are going to need blues to sustain your shitty server. None of them are going to tolerate the amount of hacking plus item loot. Get a fucking clue dipshits.
actually you are a fucking moron given the fact that within 2 months of hitting level 50 the carebears (which made up 80% of the population of rallos zek, interesting that carebears dont play on item loot servers given that fact) will be equipped in primarily no drop armor with the rest of their shit bagged or in the bank. in everquest traditionally the only people to risk gear were the better pvpers, the gimpy zerg gankers never wore any at all and the bluebies sat around in their raid gear that nobody could take.

some kind of tangible reqard/penalty is needed. personally i prefer coin loot + xp death on a pvp kill like sullon had as that eliminated the no drop problem, however item loot similar to rallos would be better than nothing. if your trying to say you won't be able to handle someone potentially ganking you for your patchwork tunic or the like as you level then excuse me while i scoff in your general direction.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Kobold

And if it's hard xp, the 100 naked gnome mages will own the server till planar. No complaints, just sayin.

Should be coin + xp death + random droppable equipped item...that would be fun, eh?
Last edited by Xareth; 05-05-2011 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't have item loot, you idiots are going to need blues to sustain your shitty server. None of them are going to tolerate the amount of hacking plus item loot. Get a fucking clue dipshits.
The reason you can't have item loot has nothing to do with "blue players not being able to handle it". It's because many caster classes can kill people just as easily naked while melee actually have to use gear. That and what Darwoth mentioned about no drop stuff.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Listen if red99 actually happens and you die hards get your way (item loot, exp loss on death, coin loot, ffa - all combined equal out to fucking stupid) expect the population to peak at around 40 players max after the initial interest in the server dies down.

Whenever you're relying on people that aren't full blown dickhead social rejects, ie the p99 playerbase, to help sustain red99 they're not going to tolerate item loot + a playerbase full of notorious hacking virgins. If you want your shitty little server to be successful item loot won't work, ffa won't work, even exp loss on death probably won't work.

I know you all sit around drooling on your keyboards for the day when you can full blown grief the living fuck out of a box's playerbase with your sick MQ skills and these ideas about a ffa server with item loot etc etc but nobody is going to take that shit here so get a clue and wake up if you want to have a somewhat successful pvp box where the population isn't garbage. Besides all I keep reading on this forum is how pvp is all about the glory what the fuck are you crying about pixel loot for now?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Doors either cares wayy too much/butthurt or is going overtroll on us

CANT TELL
Old 05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

i havent played eq in 7 years until the last week or so tooling around on p99 in order to get reacquainted with the game in preparation for the red server, since being here i have stumbled onto 5 old school pvpers from rallos and sullon that are doing the exact same thing.

in short some folks are only here at all given the announcement of the red server and a good 50% of the playerbase however large or small it winds up being will not be from the folks like yourself nor the people regailing tales along the lines of......

"9 years ago i played on rallos zek for 3 days and it was neat. then i got pked and lost my bonechips and never went back. gee golly mayhaps i should have sallied forth and given it a darn good second try chap, if they make this new server team based, remove any penalty for dieing and make your corpse teleport to you when you die i do say i may indeed get a character to level 9 this time before quitting"

what you seem to be missing in your zeal to bloviate about how all pvpers are hackers is that the majority of people that will be drawn to this server are folks who played on one of the previous pvp servers in days past, which means that a ruleset mimicking something along the lines of said servers is what they will largely want, if the server does not have said ruleset and instead caters to players like you the majority of the playertype who would have played on it, (like myself) will not and the final population will be much lower than it would have been if the server catered to pvpers at the cost of snubbing those like yourself.

as an aside while i played eq the only hacking i ever stumbled onto were occasional shitheads with showeq, which was annoying but they were still just as killable as anyone else. on discord (the permadeath server...... oooooh scary scary i know) the hacks got downright stupid at week two and that was my first experience with teleport hackers and double bardspeed shadowknights etc, it ended up that way because the server was completely void of any GM attention whatsoever. hopefully this new server has a solution to do away with hackers as that is the single largest threat to its success that i see.

it is certainly not whether the pissy britches blues that think the most fun method of playing the game is to argue about who has camping rights to a gm or debate whether or not it is acceptable to refuse buffs to some mouthbreather screaming "sow plz" decide to play on it or not.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned

coincidentally your signature is purportedly a quote by landrover, which if my memory serves was one of the two biggest hackers on discord. was a number of times they would appear out of the ground, get their asses kicked and vanish to a different zone.

however the quote is a typical hacker "everyone hacked so i did to" excuse train, i was there and was one of the top ranked players until my fucking keyboard locked up and threw me right into the neriak entrance guards (lol) no not "everyone" hacked, indeed 95% of the people playing didn't hack. as the server aged and people died and lost the contest the only people left playing were mostly the hackers who... as mentioned would get their ass kicked and vanish to a different zone thus avoiding death.

my guildmate, awakened, who won the server contest has never hacked in the decade i have known him. he also never got his reward (an item named after him) because sony are a bunch of sorry ******s.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know you all sit around drooling on your keyboards for the day when you can full blown grief the living fuck out of a box's playerbase with your sick MQ skills and these ideas about a ffa server with item loot etc etc but nobody is going to take that shit here so get a clue and wake up if you want to have a somewhat successful pvp box where the population isn't garbage. Besides all I keep reading on this forum is how pvp is all about the glory what the fuck are you crying about pixel loot for now?
lol actually i mostly agree with doors here.. item loot is bad for server pop. exp death is bad for server pop.

but i think FFA is necessary.. for teams to work long-term you'd need a system where you could attack your own team, and even be able to switch teams (maybe a long process but still should be there).
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol actually i mostly agree with doors here.. item loot is bad for server pop. exp death is bad for server pop.

but i think FFA is necessary..
Pudge you are a horrible propagandist. FFA is probably the worst thing you can have for population. If some random joe casual player who is a 2/10 in PvP skills rolls a cleric or other weak class, anytime they log on a FFA server, they're going to be dead within 60 seconds and quit.

On a teams based server, you have teams maintaining zone control so they have somewhere to hide out without getting raped 24/7 and they'll continue playing. FFA is also a bullshit term because the server is the exact opposite of what those words mean. It's a forced joining a powerful guild or don't even bother playing server. What is Free for all about that? Nothing.

Null even tries to tailor the resist system to force people to group or zerg and make soloing a nightmare. Everything about this game blows for FFA.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Kobold

FFA is a must, end game will come down to 1 big guild V. the next big guild.
Closed Thread