Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Crashing/login issues

Anyone having issues logging onto server, I keep getting an error to update patch but its fully updated. I crashed earlier while zoning and haven't been able to log on since or when I do get to character select it says please update spell files even though i have been playing all this month just fine and there hasn't been a new spell etc patch. Or I will just get kicked back to login screen. Main error I keep getting is "Cannot login to the Everquest Server, may need to re-run update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates loss of connectivity to the patch server. This is usually temporary" I been trying to login now for the past couple hours, reinstalled the latest patches and ran the update launcher and restarted my computer. Everything else is running fine except for EQ )= Help
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Skeleton

im getting the same thing
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Aviak

+1 same thing, as well as a guildy of mine having the same issue...
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Same.

Tried running it from backup folder on USB drive, doesn't work.

Tried fresh install, doesn't work.

I have NFC.

Originally posted by Harrison: I repeat, what kind of pathetic pussy is too afraid to post on the forums under their character's name?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Aviak

I cannot even connect to server select. When I type in my login info I get the "A connection to the server could not be reached" message. Is the server down? If so then why does the eqemu patcher say over 800 people are online?

If this is an issue with just my side I am stumped as to what to do: I was playing just fine at 6a and now it wont connect. I have reset my modem and router to no avail.

If someone knows something I don't, please post! I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to log in until I sit here for hours debugging [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Also I can't connect to eqemulator.org or eqemulator.net. My browser times out before anything loads. Anyone else having this problem?
Last edited by Sanvarin; 01-07-2013 at 11:57 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Aviak

Tried logging in again, and it randomly worked. Rejoice!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Working for me now too but that was still lame x.x
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Kobold

I'm completely new to Project 1999, and I've been attempting to play since Sunday night. I've been having the exact same issue the OP initially described except I've never made it to the character creation screen.

I've tried reinstalling numerous times with no virus protection up & running everything as admin. I'm starting to lean towards this being a possible hardware issue because I've seen several comments regarding multi-core processors during my trouble-shooting research. I'm curious about what you all have in your machines for CPU and GPU. I'm using a 1.20GHz Intel Core i7 640UM processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 335M card on my m11x r2 alienware laptop.

I know that I'm grasping at straws at this point, but it's hard for me to give-up on this game. So many fond memories!