Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say that? I said democrats, meaning, democrats *in specific states* like Texas fervently oppose any form of voter ID. Mostly bougie upper crust liberals.

Go ask a middle class black family if they think voter ID makes sense and they'll probably give you a weird look and say "of course it does". Polling data literally shows this.

Libs have such a patronizingly dim view of african americans, all while feeling self-assured that they are the good guys who understand that racism is bad!
Vote by mail increases turnout, Voter ID rules that method out. Bing bang boom - voter suppression!

You ain't gotta make it about race, Lib.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vote by mail increases turnout, Voter ID rules that method out. Bing bang boom - voter suppression!

You ain't gotta make it about race, Lib.
No it doesnt? What? You would have to submit a photocopy of your ID so it could be verified that you aren't just an imaginary made up person or illegal immigrant. But that doesn't rule out mail in voting at all.

Ditto for having to show ID voting in person; the point being though, it's important to prove you can actually legally vote.... to vote. I know it's a mindblowing concept.

And I'm NOT making it about race, libs are the ones who do that. These voter ID laws would affects tons of poor white people, who also have trouble getting to their DMV or whatever. But it doesn't matter, regardless of your race, you need to show a valid ID to vote. It's such an obvious, no-brainer idea. And dems SOMEHOW can spin this into "attacking voter integrity". Like what???? No you retards, NOT requiring an ID is what undermines voter integrity. Every time an illegal ballot is counted, it counts against a legitimately cast ballot for the other guy. So I guess if you don't have a problem having your vote robbed and degraded by non-existent voting security measures, you do you. Me personally, I want my vote to at least count.
Last edited by Ooloo; 12-05-2021 at 01:55 PM..
Old 12-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Banned

The way to really settle it is a lot of Conservatives just need to bite the bullet and risk voter fraud charges and try to mass cheat lol (and yes I'm kidding about this)

Both sides can pretend they care about cheating, but the side that cheats more is obviously going to care less. I wonder how Dems opinion on voter fraud would shift, if all of a sudden hundreds of thousands of fake conservative votes started flooding in
Old 12-05-2021, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way to really settle it is a lot of Conservatives just need to bite the bullet and risk voter fraud charges and try to mass cheat lol (and yes I'm kidding about this)

Both sides can pretend they care about cheating, but the side that cheats more is obviously going to care less. I wonder how Dems opinion on voter fraud would shift, if all of a sudden hundreds of thousands of fake conservative votes started flooding in
Exactly, but the thing is, dems like liz warren *were* raising the same concerns about voter integrity in 2016 that republicans were in 2020. Then lo and behold, they win 2020 and their tune changes to "most secure election of all time", which is a totally absurd statement. Really? The most people EVER to vote in a presidential election, during a pandemic when there were dozens of special voting procedure exceptions made to accommodate covid? That is somehow *more* secure? Give me a break.

What really bothers me about dems and voting rights is that they posture as if voting is the most sacred of all rights, but then oppose just showing an ID?

Like sorry but if you aren't willing to go stand in line for 30 minutes at the dmv to partake in the most sacred of all rights, then maybe you shouldn't vote? It's a privilege to be able to vote, not a right. Many places in the world still don't have this luxury, so how about we just ensure our system is secure and not a total laughingstock?

I've noticed people from other countries are really perplexed that this is even an issue. It's always something like "Haha what? You don't have to show your ID to vote for the next president? I had to show my ID to rent a car today...".
Old 12-05-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it doesnt? What? You would have to submit a photocopy of your ID so it could be verified that you aren't just an imaginary made up person or illegal immigrant. But that doesn't rule out mail in voting at all.
I guess we'll have to disagree on the facts then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

*smug, pointing to the very mechanism by which votes are suppressed*

"See? This proves it doesn't suppress votes!"
Old 12-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Exactly, but the thing is, dems like liz warren *were* raising the same concerns about voter integrity in 2016 that republicans were in 2020.
There isnt a demonrat alive that doesnt think the electoral system makes elections a fake institution and should be chopped up and thrown to the pigs to eat.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*smug, pointing to the very mechanism by which votes are suppressed*

"See? This proves it doesn't suppress votes!"
What in god's holy name are you talking about?

I don't need to "prove" that it "doesn't suppress votes". It doesn't "suppress votes" just like requiring ID to see a rated R movie doesn't "suppress" people from going to the movies. If you wanna go, just get a god damn ID. Not hard, not racist.

The racist thing is the unspoken suggestion that black people are somehow less capable than other races of getting an ID. The claim is "well, they are more likely to be impoverished, and they often vote dem, therefor requiring them to get an ID to vote is going to suppress black votes and thus dem votes. The problem is that there are more total white people in poverty than black people, WAY more. So if poverty supposedly makes it hard to get down to the DMV (I can't stop laughing at how retarded this notion is btw), they might very well be "suppressing" more impoverished republican white votes. This is why per capita matters, and why voter ID is not even remotely racist in any way.

One might even call it a baseless conspiracy theory that republicans want to nefariously "suppress" black votes by requiring ID, when they might easily be "suppressing" even more impoverished republican white votes for the same reason. Why would they want to do that?

It takes five seconds of critical thought to realize this issue shouldn't even be a debate.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What in god's holy name are you talking about?

I don't need to "prove" that it "doesn't suppress votes". It doesn't "suppress votes" just like requiring ID to see a rated R movie doesn't "suppress" people from going to the movies. If you wanna go, just get a god damn ID. Not hard, not racist.

The racist thing is the unspoken suggestion that black people are somehow less capable than other races of getting an ID. The claim is "well, they are more likely to be impoverished, and they often vote dem, therefor requiring them to get an ID to vote is going to suppress black votes and thus dem votes. The problem is that there are more total white people in poverty than black people, WAY more. So if poverty supposedly makes it hard to get down to the DMV (I can't stop laughing at how retarded this notion is btw), they might very well be "suppressing" more impoverished republican white votes. This is why per capita matters, and why voter ID is not even remotely racist in any way.

One might even call it a baseless conspiracy theory that republicans want to nefariously "suppress" black votes by requiring ID, when they might easily be "suppressing" even more impoverished republican white votes for the same reason. Why would they want to do that?

It takes five seconds of critical thought to realize this issue shouldn't even be a debate.
Don't argue with a fool. It makes you foolish. Block list is your friend.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

America is a service economy.

Giving a service economy money means that, servers have no reason to work unless you charge a lot more for things.

We gave people money and now nobody wants to work so they start their own business.

But since we live in a service economy their only skill is social media.

???

End times.
Closed Thread