Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 09:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello from Green

Just want to say "hi" I started on green a couple of weeks ago as a complete newb to Everquest having never played before. I was a long time veteran of FFXI where I have multiples jobs maxed and end-game geared there.

I'm having a blast here and totally hooked on EQ, can't believe it took me this long to play this game, but it is fantastic. I've decided to main a Shaman, name is Reesecups, if you're on green say "hi" and I hope to run into while I'm grinding my way through.

Thanks much for having me.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

FFXI is probably the closest popular MMO in some ways with the long grind to level up, harsh unforgiving monsters, interesting maze like dungeons, and focus on grouping to get XP. Enjoy your discoveries.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Welcome. Seems to be plenty of new-to-EQ players starting recently. This is good.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFXI is probably the closest popular MMO in some ways with the long grind to level up, harsh unforgiving monsters, interesting maze like dungeons, and focus on grouping to get XP. Enjoy your discoveries.
Not even a little...
Old 01-13-2022, 03:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even a little...
The current game is not like this, but the original game during the lvl 75 cap era was pretty brutal similar to EQ. Square Enix has even been on record to note they originally built the game to model it after EQ....much of that has been revised since.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I only know what it was like in the year I played, back when had just been released to NA consumers between like the PoP era of EQ and before the release of WoW.

Felt like the EQ grind in a lot of ways to level up a job back then. Not sure what it turned into since I left for WoW when it launched.
Closed Thread