Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-22-2023, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Smile Names (and surnames)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's getting to be time to decide on a surname for my paladin, and I have exactly zero ideas. I have this bad habit of using existing words, or combinations of words, to name my characters.

How do you decide what name to choose for a character? And how to choose a surname? I bet a lot of you have some cool af names and it would be cool if you shared!

And if anyone has any suggestions for Brightleaf here that would be neat too.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

how are we supposed to not troll this thread

some real low hanging fruit

which incidentally, is my surname suggestion:

Lowhangingfruit
Old 03-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Angry

i bet trexller's surname is jerkface
Old 03-23-2023, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Move to red server forums and ban OP.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Hey brightleaf. It gets difficult when you use the doublewords as a first name in my opinion. I think using a single name for surname might mix it up. Your a high elf and you could make a similar family name to felwithe folks. I think surnames are great with the holy and tunarian mix sound good. Brightleaf woulda been a cool surname. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I kind of don't want to put an actual suggestion in though. You could also double down and make your surname Lightoak
Old 03-23-2023, 09:28 PM
Banned

Dewshine, or preferably, Doodooshine.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Brightleaf Cantphotosynthesizebecauseitreflectstoomuchlight
Old 03-24-2023, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey brightleaf. It gets difficult when you use the doublewords as a first name in my opinion. I think using a single name for surname might mix it up. Your a high elf and you could make a similar family name to felwithe folks. I think surnames are great with the holy and tunarian mix sound good. Brightleaf woulda been a cool surname. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I kind of don't want to put an actual suggestion in though. You could also double down and make your surname Lightoak
100% agree about my pally having a last name for a first name. Have you looked at the names of elves in felwithe? There are a lot of names like Deerchaser and Longarrow. I sort of regret the name now, though I like it in a way still. It would make a good surname lol.

But there are people that have first names that are generally last names. It’ll be okay I’m sure. Lightoak is not a bad suggestion! Think I will have to double down somehow.

Perhaps Dwarfslayer?
Old 03-24-2023, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of names like Deerchaser and Longarrow. I sort of regret the name now, though I like it in a way still. It would make a good surname lol.

But there are people that have first names that are generally last names. It’ll be okay I’m sure. Lightoak is not a bad suggestion! Think I will have to double down somehow.

Perhaps Dwarfslayer?
im aaactually a game name obsessed person, won't make a character or even start a game until i get the name right.

Brightleaf isn't bad at all, neither is dwarfslayer but isn't that a bit too like, on the nose obvious?

Brightleaf Lightbearer, Lightbringer, in the spirit but still kitchy, cliche, not clever.

Brightleaf is referential, so your surname must be as well, Brightleaf Throndiel or other elf name doesn't work.

you're on pvp, you wanna reflect that too somehow, you got it in your mind that your toon hunts dwarves so,

Brightleaf Darkblade, Darkstorm, Darktime(s)

a sounding board is either gonna point you at what you want, or what you don't want.

also, an elf named Deerchaser? there isnt a deer in the entire game...
Last edited by Trexller; 03-24-2023 at 01:42 AM..
Old 03-24-2023, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im aaactually a game name obsessed person, won't make a character or even start a game until i get the name right.

Brightleaf isn't bad at all, neither is dwarfslayer but isn't that a bit too like, on the nose obvious?

Brightleaf Lightbearer, Lightbringer, in the spirit but still kitchy, cliche, not clever.

Brightleaf is referential, so your surname must be as well, Brightleaf Throndiel or other elf name doesn't work.

you're on pvp, you wanna reflect that too somehow, you got it in your mind that your toon hunts dwarves so,

Brightleaf Darkblade, Darkstorm, Darktime(s)

a sounding board is either gonna point you at what you want, or what you don't want.

also, an elf named Deerchaser? there isnt a deer in the entire game...
How do you decide your names? This is such a nice post, Sir Jerkface! ����

Imo kitschy and cliché is perfectly acceptable. We’re elves after all; if I wanna be Lightpure Naturelove that seems somehow appropriate, if hilarious lol. Using “dark” in the name is perfectly fine, but doesn’t really work with “bright” in the name. Like what’s the opposite of a leaf? Plastic? Brightleaf Darkplastic :P

What color do dwarves bleed? Blue? Maybe there’s something there.

Also: https://wiki.project1999.com/Merchant_Deerchaser