Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scoring a kill on that server was like fucking Christmas.
So true. I remember barely killing some dude in Oasis and almost fucking screaming in excitement irl. And then some dude came up and one-shotted me from my low HP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Aviak

I played a dark elf necro on Discord and I loved it. Only made it to about 16 or so and then I got steam-rolled by three beastlords that were probably high 20's or low 30's, then I quit, because they took my full set of noob armor.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

I didn't think of it until just now... but since you didn't flag PvP until level 6 - someone should have totally Fansy'ed on that server... it would have been absolutely bloody mayhem.

(if you don't know what I'm talking about, go Google "Fansy the Bard" - absolutely hilarious)

Unless that fix they put in place occurred before Discord....
Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Kobold

I loved that server. I was playing a human monk and I remember hiding from like everyone, in nooks and crannies in the cities that I never knew existed. Hugging the guards, hoping no one would kill me while I was AFK. If I saw someone coming, I would hide behind a rock, tree, or house - anything to give me cover. I was a true ninja, and I loved the hell out of it.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Aviak

The true purpose of the server was to help test coding that detected the use of MQ and other similiar programs. It is why cheaters were not punished often on the server. The 'first to 50' bonus was put in so the code boys had a reason to come over and hack as much as they could.

Within 3 weeks of the server being dropped, many accounts were banned from the gains made by the efforts on this server.
Branlenio Sprocketmender <Disciples of the Gods> -- Gnome Magician
Amahn <Disciples of the Gods> -- Wood Elf Druid
Alhbie Eurhuckelberry -- Erudite Paladin
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The true purpose of the server was to help test coding that detected the use of MQ and other similiar programs. It is why cheaters were not punished often on the server. The 'first to 50' bonus was put in so the code boys had a reason to come over and hack as much as they could.

Within 3 weeks of the server being dropped, many accounts were banned from the gains made by the efforts on this server.
Are you serious!? They made this server a honeypot? What a letdown. Learning more than I expected about Discord.. Oh well at least I had a tiny bit of fun on their "testing ground".
Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

--->>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last thing: the winners were all supposed to get custom-made items, and SoE never delivered on this. Tryndamere and I both bugged them on the forums and they just locked/deleted our threads.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like Charlie & The Chocolate Factory... Wonka [SOE] gives them a Golden Ticket promising a nice prize [custom-made items]... Wonka observes their slobbish & selfish behaviors [watches the hackers]... and then when Charlie is left at the end, asks where his prize is [custom-made items] and Wonka says - "Yep you get nothing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ)" - and locks their thread.

Maybe you guys should have returned that bloody gobstobber and SoE would have given you your items! Haha! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

This sounds great, I wish there was one of these on the eqemu servers even if just for a month or two.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

That server was such a shitshow. For a few straight nights, me and four other friends would all lan party it up at one of their house (they had a huge basement and had cable internet - leet); we made 3 mages, a necro, and a druid; ran train on nro and oasis... got a couple tells from people accusing us of 5-boxing :P