Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 09:16 PM
Banned

Pull Monkey > Stare at wall simulator > Coth bot (LOL)
Old 08-16-2021, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, at the end of the day it's a classic server, and if something ... anything ... was ____ in classic, then I support making it _____ here. And I say that as someone who "mains" a Magician on Green.

But what bothers me is the selectivity of it. Anyone who played on live knows charming is unclassic here: it was far more risky on live, and that's the reason why guilds couldn't cheeze Tunare with a bunch of Enchanters on live, it's the reason why Enchanters stuck to crowd control and not charming in groups on live, it's the reason Druids quaded and root/rotted instead of charming on live, etc.

We have giant obvious unclassic things here, which anyone who played on live should instantly recognize as "it wasn't like that" ... but the staff ignores those because there's obvious proof of something tiny like Mage pet hits, and there's no evidence of charm resists on live so they just throw up their hands and give up on "classic" when it comes to stuff like that.
Here goes Loramin again citing his own opinion as evidence about charm because he has no real evidence, while also not acknowledging the fact that every server had a variable experience back in the day
Old 08-16-2021, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice self righteous anger ! perfect for this Rants and Flames.

Go ahead keep tilting your lance at those windmills(nerfs, and whatever else pisses you off about this server ). Who knows you might actually knock one over once day.

Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
bruh at this point, Nilbog is not "recreating" classic eq. what we're playing is called, "EverQuest, as envisioned by Nilbog"

you obviously don't play the game, or read the forums much, and if you do, you're blind and deaf.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice self righteous anger ! perfect for this Rants and Flames.

Go ahead keep tilting your lance at those windmills(nerfs, and whatever else pisses you off about this server ). Who knows you might actually knock one over once day.

Regards.
I think that falls apart if you take the client angle; I prefer a worser tyranny. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2021, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry, but you think this is tyranny Really!

WoW.

YOU Choose to play here No one is forcing you. By all means play enjoy what you can of this server but this mistake it for Tyranny.

Regards

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-16-2021, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

I still play Trexeller my toon Name is Quatzel. come by west karana and say hello if you like.

Nilbog:

Old 08-16-2021, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry, but you think this is tyranny Really!

WoW.

YOU Choose to play here No one is forcing you. By all means play enjoy what you can of this server but this mistake it for Tyranny.

Regards
The titanium tyranny will end someday, make sure you're on the right side. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2021, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

@Whale Biologist 8) <bow>

Nilbog:

Old 08-17-2021, 08:26 AM
Banned

milquetoast

but not at @ OP i like oP
Old 08-17-2021, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly with how slow they and selectively they update the really only honest path forward is to make the p99 code open source but it will forever be a once-a-year update with really arbitrary classic/not classic decisions
Gamers have never changed.

Thank you P99 staff for doing what you do. I like leveling my druid in High Keep. I don't know how you put up with raiders. I hope we get another Halloween event and you turn off your /tells.