Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I started playing on the test server some recently. You get everything except extra merc slots there for free, so it's good for playing on the side.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

How is pvp on Zek now?

Red99
Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

There are two meanings to the word "nerf."

Originally, it meant making us less powerful. The earliest example I have memory of was the mosscovered twig, I think. It got "nerfed" -- and the ultimate nerf: removed from game.

But a second sense of "nerf" is what started to happen: that is where not the player, but the game, is made less powerful or is made easier.

The first sense of nerfing was when they were still trying to keep the game hard.

The second type of nerfing became the "best practices" sheet for expansion developers.

And that is what happened. The game got nerfed a long, long time ago.

It is like playing minesweeper with the ability to "peek" before you actually click on a tile.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many people were on P1999 when it started? You were here.

But I like Sleeper because Nobody is pissing about the Raid scene, MM, Unrest, etc. At least not this week yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Within the first few months there were several hundred people online here during peak hours, and it just continued to grow from that point.

And yeah there's definitely nobody complaining about any of that stuff on sleeper, but I'm pretty sure that just comes down to lack of players to create the drama.
Last edited by Gadwen; 06-09-2013 at 12:06 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is sleeper doing? I logged in last night and did a who all 1-30 during peak (est) hours and it came up with 15 people, and I was one of them. Assuming they are all 2 boxing thats 7 people between levels 1-30...didn't look like a good sign to me.
Surprised Toop hasn't just called it a day and given it up. I'd rather play on one of the green coloured custom servers on EQemu.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged on and every zone I like was empty. Dumb.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Kobold

The things I miss most from Live are AAs (dat Pally mount) and Iksars being capable of wearing plate armor.

But I think the final straw for me were the Drakken. I was cool with new classes and races up until that point because at least with the Vah Shir and Frogloks it looked like SOME effort was taken into their modelling and texturing. But then they added in the dracogackts with their world-destroying Crescent Reach and I just felt there was no point to it anymore.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

There's a lot of comments about people going onto Live to see how the zones have evolved both graphically and geometrically. The majority feedback is negative.
My suggestion is that instead of EQ Live, you go onto EverQuest II. Identifying similarities (and differences) was the first thing most people did when the game came out - and zone art and layouts was one aspect that was no exception.

At least when playing EQII you don't feel so dirty about the way things changed.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot of comments about people going onto Live to see how the zones have evolved both graphically and geometrically. The majority feedback is negative.
My suggestion is that instead of EQ Live, you go onto EverQuest II. Identifying similarities (and differences) was the first thing most people did when the game came out - and zone art and layouts was one aspect that was no exception.

At least when playing EQII you don't feel so dirty about the way things changed.
...however you have to live with not being able to assist anyone realistically (combat is locked out once it starts), and every single damn zone is instanced. No thanks. It's a completely different game, and fundamentally exchanged the MMO experience for something else. Also, character models looked like Plasticine.

(This is all unless they changed things after launch. I gave up on the game after a week and never went back).
Old 06-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...however you have to live with not being able to assist anyone realistically (combat is locked out once it starts), and every single damn zone is instanced. No thanks. It's a completely different game, and fundamentally exchanged the MMO experience for something else. Also, character models looked like Plasticine.

(This is all unless they changed things after launch. I gave up on the game after a week and never went back).
Yes, which is why you do not feel so bad about it.
Closed Thread