Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Aviak

Default retracing your footsteps [nostalgia]

I am sort of, kind of trying to level in the same spots I did with Aveenia on live. I'm hitting a few different ones as well but trying to do at least one level in all the old familiar places. Problem being I can't for the life of me find the second spot I did in LOIO. It's kind of annoying.

So, I was wondering for those of you who played live back in this era are you playing basically the same character you had there then? Are you doing mostly the same things or something completely different?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

windmill, bloodgills and sarnak fortress are the only spots that I have ever leveled in LOIO

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Could be goblin mines too.

On my server, lots of people leveled at the lake edge prior to moving onto sarnak fortress.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't for the life of me find the second spot I did in LOIO.
you should have left a trail of breadcrumbs
Last edited by fiveeauxfour; 08-23-2014 at 12:41 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Good question.. I've definitely got my barbarian shaman by the same name/class/race as my OG toon for nostalgia kicks.

I just started playing on '99 but I think I may switch it up from what I've played previously.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you doing mostly the same things or something completely different?
Hmm I actually went for totally different when I came here first. I never did black burrow in classic - or spend much time near qeynos for that matter - my first toon I made a point of xping out there till my high teens - then I did a little mistmoor for nostalgia and jsut mostly tried to explore new stuff mixed with old [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still upset I have not xped in Cazic Thule yet.. But I just explored it and it was soooo coool.

But I respect the hunt for nostalgia!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

How old is the emulator project? 8, 9, 10yrs old now? I don't mean p99, I mean the emu in general, starting with PEQ. I think I've long since found different places to level compared to my days on early live. Faydark is still a fav starting spot though, but not every time.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm I actually went for totally different when I came here first. I never did black burrow in classic - or spend much time near qeynos for that matter - my first toon I made a point of xping out there till my high teens - then I did a little mistmoor for nostalgia and jsut mostly tried to explore new stuff mixed with old [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still upset I have not xped in Cazic Thule yet.. But I just explored it and it was soooo coool.

But I respect the hunt for nostalgia!
the gator pits are where it's at. also used to be able to pull off some mean low-hp kiting near avatar pyramid before nerf
Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

My p99 toon is pretty much the same as my live toon on Brell. Lisset Beggarsbane, human enchanter, even have the same face.

I leveled in some of the same places but not all. Didn't level in LOIO here at all and only did one group in FM, which stands out on live because I remember suddenly being able to meditate AND watch the fort at the same time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also leveled in OT on live too, none here.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

There were a lot of things I never got to do on live- places I didn't level because I didn't know about them until I was too high, zones I never utilized because they weren't "good" enough and I was racing to 60. I also chose a different class- a few, actually. I've tried on this server to really get into everything that's out there. The thing I always loved about EQ is the vastness of it and the variety of different places to explore.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Closed Thread