Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default People that never played classic EQ

I was just curious about people that play p1999 but never played classic EQ back in the day (too young, never tried, etc.).
What brought you here? What do you like about it? How different was it going from more ez mode MMOs to this. "An even con monster! That should be an easy solo!"

I played eq from 1999-2004/5 or so. Never really could get into another mmo, stopped playing anything for years, and then found this server last year and loving it.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Yeah, other mmo's are kind of...junky. Darkfall is ok, EVE is ok, rest so far, are all EZ mode. Some are fun for a while, but still easy.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I brought a friend of mine here. Never played classic.

Say hit to Dubecrisk, 36 Mage.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hit
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Aviak

I started just after Ykesha came out, so I technically never played "Classic". Even so, it was still a lot harder than any MMO I've played since. My start time is probably why I hate Luclin so much, though... Soooo much time spent in PC.

A couple of games came close to post-PoP EQ at the beginning, but got knocked down real fast... EQ2 and Vanguard had group content in the newbie zones & more difficult travel at launch, and Commonlands/Antonica had more group content than solo content... now it's all solo & all fast travel. (Well, Vanguard was until it closed down.) The last expansion I played in EQ2 (Odus), I soloed to cap, never grouped except in instances, and could tank most of those instances on a frickin rogue (Ratonga Swashbuckler).

Other MMOs never even tried to be difficult... WoW, MxO, SWG, SWtOR, LotRO (even though I have a lifetime sub I never play anymore), they all started easy and stayed easy.

Project 1999? I have my fair share of "d'oh" moments (especially in forgetting to re-mem spells after death), but I'm lovin' it.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

"Hi"

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Kobold

I began playing after Luclin, and love classic. I love the giant world where everything isn't less than 5 minutes away. There is still content completely unknown to me, and I love that. For example, Kithicor Forest. About all I know about that place is it's freakin scary at night, and there's an epic fight there. So much to still explore. And the game doesn't just hand you stuff, and it's unforgiving. I have to work to progress, and I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment while still enjoying the experience. Class/race restrictions, size restrictions, deity restrictions are all great. I could ramble, but I'll stop.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Barely played during luclin to PoP time cause i was a wee lad
I came back cause this is the best MMO
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started just after Ykesha came out, so I technically never played "Classic". Even so, it was still a lot harder than any MMO I've played since. My start time is probably why I hate Luclin so much, though... Soooo much time spent in PC.

A couple of games came close to post-PoP EQ at the beginning, but got knocked down real fast... EQ2 and Vanguard had group content in the newbie zones & more difficult travel at launch, and Commonlands/Antonica had more group content than solo content... now it's all solo & all fast travel. (Well, Vanguard was until it closed down.) The last expansion I played in EQ2 (Odus), I soloed to cap, never grouped except in instances, and could tank most of those instances on a frickin rogue (Ratonga Swashbuckler).

Other MMOs never even tried to be difficult... WoW, MxO, SWG, SWtOR, LotRO (even though I have a lifetime sub I never play anymore), they all started easy and stayed easy.

Project 1999? I have my fair share of "d'oh" moments (especially in forgetting to re-mem spells after death), but I'm lovin' it.
Please show me all your characters in all of those games that have completed all of the end game (which is the majority of the game). Thank you. Apparently auto-attacking the majority of content is hard.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Ya I fail to see how EverQuest is difficult in any sense.

The only hard part is finding the time to devote to level on an extremely snail-pace scale of exp/
Closed Thread