Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Where's the fun in raiding?

I read a post in another thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea where the fun in raiding comes for people. I guess some people are just very loot fixated...
So enlighten the forums, what do YOU love about raiding in Everquest?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Competition, when there is some. But sometimes it's competing with the mob itself. We had an encounter a short while ago where the dragon gated twice. We didn't camp and panic. We killed it. It's moments like that.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

All I can add to this thread is that raids are fcuking boring. It's all zerging, raiding would be fun if it was skill oriented raids. Doing more with less. But raids are for the most part pretty shitty.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I can add to this thread is that raids are fcuking boring. It's all zerging, raiding would be fun if it was skill oriented raids. Doing more with less. But raids are for the most part pretty shitty.

That depends entirely on the guild. Right now on this server though, yes, the top guild is a Zerg.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Bringing people together to work for 1 goal of getting some useful loot for people.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Banned

What I've always loved about raiding is the atmosphere of it. You have a raid leader working as a General of sorts, and a group of people with whom you carry out strategic approaches to given situations. After a while, you form a bond with the other members of your guild, and eventually you learn how everyone else plays and can function as a well oiled machine; sometimes without any actual communication. You know the clerics already have a CH chain going, you know the enchanters have the adds locked down, you know the tank is keeping the target's attention and has it pointing away from the main raid group, and you know that the dps are going to burn it, push it, ect when they need to. It's a nice feeling of mutual trust and accomplishment that really makes raiding what it is (in my opinion). It isn't so much about the loot as it is the spirit of the thing itself. The loot is pretty nice, too, though.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

It was fun being able to check out places I wouldn't normally be able to see (Plane of Hate, Plane of Fear), and working with a group of people towards a common goal.

Side note: Who's the top guild now? I hardly pay attention to the raid rankings anymore since the TMO days.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. I enjoyed being apart of a guild that wasn't at the pinnacle of content but was killing stuff with less. Right now the amount of poopsocking is getting really shitty. I'd rather compete over an FTE with no variance than sit in one area for 10h playing on an alt I don't give a fuck about.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That depends entirely on the guild. Right now on this server though, yes, the top guild is a Zerg.
Find me a single guild on this server that's actively raiding and doing shit with 10-15 players with no more than 2 people of the same class in the raid.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Find me a single guild on this server that's actively raiding and doing shit with 10-15 players with no more than 2 people of the same class in the raid.
You apparently never played live during the relevant content if you think that is a possibility in most cases. Velious content was made for 30-45 people for the most part. While that does require the proper classes for those encounters and there are a couple you can defeat with less. Thinking 10-15 people will be able to down anything of note just shows you are playing the wrong game.
Closed Thread