Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivanAngel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server is entirely to crowded. I enjoy the feel of a busy server, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

As it stands people/small groups are camping 1-2 spawns in crushbone. These are a 21 minute spawn mind you. When i poked my head in the other day there were legit more PC's then mobs that could spawn in the zone.

Was camping a 4 spawn group of bandits with my brother. Was legit getting harrassed by a player because we wouldnt merge with his group. Saying 2 people taking the camp when there were people LFG was greedy. This is a 4 spawn being kept clear with plenty of time to spare by 2 people.

It is almost impossible to find a group with empty slots much less a camp if you form your own group in just about any zone. Hell west karana had 71 people in it last night. I have seen 80 in crushbone. There arent even 80 mobs IN crushbone.

I actually logged off the other night because after 30 minutes of trying to find any semblance of a camp in my level range I gave up, everything was locked down

There are also people on reddit if you bother to look saying they are waiting on the new servers to play, because right now they dont feel like starting when the server is so bloated in the early level ranges. So that will add to the population as well.

When they split the servers, I assure you, there will still be plenty of people to play with and the servers will feel very alive... You just wont step on people every 3 feet.
Sure instancing is the way to the heart of the masses. That is nothing new. You have to understand good worlds are not built on equality. Some of us desire a real virtual world. It is very real and very desirable that the best players in a virtual world will have qualifications that are right for it. Why should someone achieve success in a competitive virtual world if he pouted and left the server because there were too many people? It has not stopped players from reaching level 30 already. The players on Reddit can join in a few months and they will be the level they deserve.
Last edited by ELance; 11-03-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure instancing is the way to the heart of the masses. That is nothing new. You have to understand good worlds are not built on equality. Some of us desire a real virtual world. It is very real and very desirable that the best players in a virtual world will have qualifications that are right for it. Why should someone achieve success in a competitive virtual world if he pouted and left the server because there were too many people? It has not stopped players from reaching level 30 already. The players on Reddit can join in a few months and they will be the level they deserve.
Making a second server is hardly instancing.

In fact it is making it closer to 1999 if you want to make that argument. Servers in 1999 did not have this many people on them, at least not at first.

When games only cater to the top 1% they are alienating 99% of their playerbase. Grats on them for starting day 1 with a premade, Foregoing sleep to push levels and be "the best".

If there was a prize for being the best I would be less for the teal server, but when the only prize is "sitting in EC tunnel stroking their ego and showing off their leet pixels they farmed before everyone else". I wont lose any sleep over them losing out on that a touch.

This game is 20 years old, it has been beaten, broken and min maxed to the extreme. Let people have their fun and dont cater to the top 1% who want to stroke their egos imo. People forget that for most people this is a game, not a contest.
Last edited by ShivanAngel; 11-03-2019 at 03:09 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivanAngel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a second server is hardly instancing.

In fact it is making it closer to 1999 if you want to make that argument. Servers in 1999 did not have this many people on them, at least not at first.

When games only cater to the top 1% they are alienating 99% of their playerbase. Grats on them for starting day 1 with a premade, Foregoing sleep to push levels and be "the best".

If there was a prize for being the best I would be less for the teal server, but when the only prize is "sitting in EC tunnel stroking their ego and showing off their leet pixels they farmed before everyone else". I wont lose any sleep over them losing out on that a touch.
Well I'm only level 10, but you may have a point. I wouldn't let you design my game, but maybe they will.

Quote:
This game is 20 years old, it has been beaten, broken and min maxed to the extreme.
Are you admitting you cheat and exploit the game? I don't see what that has to do with honest people. It certainly does not strengthen your qualifications though.

Quote:
People forget that for most people this is a game, not a contest.
Not at all. This argument is as old as MMORPGs themselves. In Ultima Online when the multitude complained about PvP, they were told by Raph Koster or others that they could organize themselves to fight back against their oppressors. And what did they say? No I have not forgotten.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you admitting you cheat and exploit the game? I don't see what that has to do with honest people. It certainly does not strengthen your qualifications though.

Where did I ever say that. I was simply stating/implying that we know all the strats, all the best leveling paths, where all the best items drop, how to best min max groups, we understand how exp works now, the list goes on.

Not sure how you got "cheat and exploiting" from that. guess i had to spell it out directly. Nice reach tho
Last edited by ShivanAngel; 11-03-2019 at 03:44 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Where did I ever say that. I was simply stating that we know all the strats, all the best leveling paths, where all the best items drop, how to best min max groups, we understand how exp works now, the list goes on.

Not sure how you got "cheat and exploiting" from that. guess i had to spell it out directly. Nice reach tho
I don't know any of that, and here you are speaking of other people that play too much. I had a level 55+ in 2002 and couldn't say where any of the items drop. I think I only camped three, and for all I confess I cheated to learn their whereabouts. How I got cheating and exploiting from that is because I played Project '99 now and then from the early days and watched players again and again looking at spoiler sites, maps, auction prices, statistics of creatures, quest spoilers, item information, etc. Because there is a long history of spoiler sites for Everquest as far back as '99. Because people who play online games are in general some of the worst cheaters on the face of the earth. And because from the way you put it, I thought you were also someone that looked at spoiler sites. If you are instead a master of the game then forgive me. But the principles of a good virtual world do not change no matter how many cheat or not. There is no solution to cheating in large online games. That is an individual choice a player makes. And it has been a part of them since at least Diablo in '96.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Did green ever get rebooted last night? I'm excitedly waiting for Teal
Old 11-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I don't know any of that, and here you are speaking of other people that play too much. I had a level 55+ in 2002 and couldn't say where any of the items drop. I think I only camped three, and for all I confess I cheated to learn their whereabouts. How I got cheating and exploiting from that is because I played Project '99 now and then from the early days and watched players again and again looking at spoiler sites, maps, auction prices, statistics of creatures, quest spoilers, item information, etc. Because there is a long history of spoiler sites for Everquest as far back as '99. Because people who play online games are in general some of the worst cheaters on the face of the earth. And because from the way you put it, I thought you were also someone that looked at spoiler sites. If you are instead a master of the game then forgive me. But the principles of a good virtual world do not change no matter how many cheat or not. There is no solution to cheating in large online games. That is an individual choice a player makes. And it has been a part of them since at least Diablo in '96.
Looking at sites that give mob statistics, locations, quest info, maps etc is NOT cheating...

It may be in your eyes, but the information is there and available and against no rules.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did green ever get rebooted last night? I'm excitedly waiting for Teal
I'm also wondering this. I was on until ~5AM CST and it hadn't been rebooted.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Banned

please brogean dont make me spend another night in steamfont
Old 11-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

It's happening right now.
Closed Thread