Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Default Shaman Spell - Unfailing Reverence

Is there any practical use for this charisma spell beyond getting a little extra coin when I sell vendor trash?
Old 08-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Not really. It makes a decent junk buff also, because it has a good duration, but it's not like we Shaman Pacify or Charm (or at least, not at that level).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Kobold

I didnt consider a junk buff. That would be useful
Old 08-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Cast it on people that want to cast pacify type stuff.

I don't think charisma affects animal line of charms?
Old 08-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't think charisma affects animal line of charms?
I don't even think Enchanters can agree on the exact impact of Charisma on charms for their class; I doubt we'll get any kind of consensus on how it matters for Shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, its pretty well known. CHA for all classes = vendor & crit resist on pacify / lull.

ONLY for enchanter, CHA is secondary check on CHA resist every tick. No, bard charm is not effected.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, its pretty well known. CHA for all classes = vendor & crit resist on pacify / lull.

ONLY for enchanter, CHA is secondary check on CHA resist every tick. No, bard charm is not effected.
Ah; didn't realize it was that clear cut.

Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2019 at 02:55 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

loramin, quit being a noob ya noober.

the buff is really good for warriors! When fighting NPCs that have a chance to kill you in one round of attacks, the higher your charisma the higher chance of DI actually working.

You gotta look good to the gods of Norrath for them to intervene.

btw did i mention loramin is a noober? Its not a matter of why shamans have this buff. Simply shamans have best of all the stat buffs because thats what shamans do. Its not like this spell is self only.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ask for the charisma buff once in awhile on my Paladin if I'm pulling with lull and there's a Shaman present. It's a pretty situational buff but not entirely useless. It also sees regular use during vendor-based item recharges. It can be used as a junk buff but I prefer to use lower-rank spells for that purpose since they typically cost less mana and cast more quickly.

Danth
Old 08-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

i use it on people clicking strings for ot hammer...its also better than the enc cha spell, so if they arent max cha with theirs maybe they are with yours.
Closed Thread