Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/List
Old 09-26-2020, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that it would be best to combine fungi staff and tunic, except it should be 2 separate lists like /list staff or /list tunic. Force people to pick one or the other... making them one list, where you just get the next staff or tunic... would be pretty funny, and would shuffle people through the list. Once staff is gone they can take tunic off /list. Or whatever.

I think CoS and Locket should both be /list as well. Even though CoS won’t be that rare (the cast time nerf came in Velious iirc), it would force people to pick one or the other.

People are totally unrealistic about fungi staff, just like they were on Blue. On Blue all the necros whined that NBG says they should get it and everybody thought they were going to go camp one, but very few people really had a shot. I don’t see a world where the staff isn’t /list because there’s so much fervor over it. If it could be /listed on day 1 (at lvl 50 or 51), I would expect that nobody will get one of they don’t join the /list on day 1. If people are willing to /list for a week or more for a dumb manastone... yeah. But it’s hard to say how long they’ll leave legacy items in.

Locket was on Live for around a month iirc, with TD binding in for 3 days. On Blue Locket was in for... I forget. And I think TD binding was around 2 weeks or so. My best guess is that locket stays on Green for a month and TD binding lasts from the Friday release to the following Friday.

Nobody mentions Rod of Mourning. I could see it being a /list as well, since it is a legacy item. They were a pretty hot commodity on Blue until epics, although I guess epics show up on Green in like... January or February? So maybe they won’t have so much staying power here.

And then there are the legacy items that just don’t really matter that much. RMoY is a good item but not earth-shattering and fairly common until removal. Polyphenomenal Axe is no big deal in my mind, but it’s still a “legacy” item.

Like T-Staff, RMoY has multiple PHs and spawns. But I see no reason why T-staff should be /list anyways, it never gets removed and its status never changes. But a RMoY /list could just be zonewide, it wouldn’t hurt anything.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Honestly making the fungi staff level 60 required would remove a lot of the possible issues, especially early on. I want one and don't have a ton of time to level and still understand that making it level 60 required list is obviously the best course of action.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwikt96 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly making the fungi staff level 60 required would remove a lot of the possible issues, especially early on. I want one and don't have a ton of time to level and still understand that making it level 60 required list is obviously the best course of action.
Way too abusable for guilds to just power level a character on the backs of others, so they can get in first/early.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way too abusable for guilds to just power level a character on the backs of others, so they can get in first/early.
There's really no need for that, if a guild wants to dedicate the resources to powerlevel 1 char you can literally just camp the mob normally.

You don't have to be on the list to kill and loot the mob, it's just that if some one is on the list they get the loot when you kill it.

Even in your hypothetical what damage does 1 person getting a few before anyone else really do? You've stopped the endless trains and drama that were sure to ensue if you didn't.

And yes, I understand that you mean one level 60 could block a 'regular' group from camping the item by being the only person on list, but if some one wants to camp a 60 at fungi for a few days until other people catch up just to try and snake an item it's still way less drama than the alternative.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Much more likely a group of 6 tries to power to 60.

We all start at "Kunark Level 1" on when it launches - aka level 51. A few 51s wont be incredibly efficient powerleveling a 55-59 toon. It also means sacrificing 2-5 level 51s from getting any real exp until the single toon hits 60.

Then you must consider the camp is pretty much a group camp. A single 60 won't be super useful.

Has anyone considered it ends up like the Manastone situation? A huge force (way more than necessary) that downs the named mob very quickly.

If it's a list camp and you got 10-20 people there to blast away, it's gonna move a bit more quickly than a single group. Biggest wait is spawn time, but less wipes, less CC, less kill time.

This is my prediction.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 09-27-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-27-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwikt96 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's really no need for that, if a guild wants to dedicate the resources to powerlevel 1 char you can literally just camp the mob normally.

You don't have to be on the list to kill and loot the mob, it's just that if some one is on the list they get the loot when you kill it.
Yes. That's whole point.You could have a group of people monopolizing the camp (just like they wanted to avoid in the first place) UNTIL someone has the ability to /list for it. And if that list requirement is 60 that gives them a long ass time to monopolize it and then when 60s do start showing up they could have powerleveled a bunch of 60s themselves to continue to monopolize the camp. It's a comprehensively stupid idea.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

If it's /list level 50, it's a rush to get a key then make it to camp and you're going to have a list of 20-30+ with a massive cluster of people on king camp. Haha, could be fun, but I foresee more drama getting key than anything.

If it's /list level 55 or 60, you're gonna have people rushing to level then trying to make it to camp.

1 group of 51s aint gonna do super well against level 56 mobs. The resists will be crazy and melees (without Kunark gear) won't fair too well either.

Maybe a guild puts 2 groups on the camp. If 12 people want to commit their time to camping 1 mob hoping for a super rare drop... I say, go for it. Might have some people hit 55 or 60 before one even drops, then they join list and the staff is their's, ha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And if that list requirement is 60 that gives them a long ass time to monopolize it
You underestimate how long it'll take people to hit 60. There will be a 60 within 1 week or less.

And everyone has the same fair shot to hit 60 and join the list. Just like everyone has a fair shot to join the list and camp the legacy item.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

My suspicion for the king/list camp is that anyone can camp fungus and when fungus drop it'll go to whoever did 51% of damage -- that is, the group with the camp. If the staff drops the corpse is locked to the player #1 the /list.

My understanding is you won't get a fungus and a staff on the same kill.
Closed Thread