Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 10:56 PM
Kobold

There really should be a limit on the amount of accounts one person can own. I get that guilds need a bunch of accounts for guild bank purposes and who doesn't have banker characters but I have severe alt-itis and I have only 4 accounts. 50 accounts x 8 characters with 4 gnoll scrolls should just be dealt with by the GM's and leave the rest of the community alone. I also have a small fear that gnoll scrolls will be permanently nerfed somehow which would be in keeping with the history of these servers. Keep it classic please.

Praise Amun!
Old 12-08-2020, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't they just remove the corpses? or just ban them if they corpse the scrolls one more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka
There really should be a limit on the amount of accounts one person can own. I get that guilds need a bunch of accounts for guild bank purposes and who doesn't have banker characters but I have severe alt-itis and I have only 4 accounts.
4 accounts? Sounds like you're exploiting. Of course not, 4 is obviously the perfect amount because it's the amount you use. You are right. Everyone else is wrong. You do realize by your own standard, these rare breed of epic questers only need 2-3 groups of friends/guildies to make it happen.

If they can't put em on corpses, they will put em on mules. If they can't put em on mules, they will put em on corpses.

If they can't do either on their own, they will reach out to friends, guildies, and mule-renters (yes, if you create a scarce resource, you create a market.)

/auct WTStore 4 items on mule -- paying 10pp/week/mule.

Question Time:
  • Is the quest mechanic broken and exploitable? Example: returns quest item you can repeatedly turn in for faction, cash, or exp
  • Is there a quest in game that shouldn't be?
  • Is a certain quest giving more exp than it should?
  • Are quest items dropping more than they should?
  • Is someone questing for exp ruining anyone else's play experience?

Trick questions... the answers are all no [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nothing has changed. People just got smart. Real smart.

Rumor has it these people are totally stable geniuses. They will find a way.

You'll get your quests back. Soon™.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giphy.jpg (20.4 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Castle2.0; 12-08-2020 at 03:52 AM..
Old 12-08-2020, 05:04 AM
Sarnak

nope. enjoy your banks full of shit for a while longer, i guess. 8(
Old 12-08-2020, 05:04 AM
Large Rat

I started playing about a month ago again, I used to play Blue awhile back. I now have a level 22 rogue with bags filled with quest items I'd really like to turn in.

Like many people I was not happy with this implementation of a "fix" that only seemed to break things. But I managed, because I knew it was going to end soon. Or so I thought.

Now I'm camped at my first turn in with full bags. I'm logging in once a day to see if they fix the game now but that's it. Please bring back quests to Everquest...
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing about a month ago again, I used to play Blue awhile back. I now have a level 22 rogue with bags filled with quest items I'd really like to turn in.

Like many people I was not happy with this implementation of a "fix" that only seemed to break things. But I managed, because I knew it was going to end soon. Or so I thought.

Now I'm camped at my first turn in with full bags. I'm logging in once a day to see if they fix the game now but that's it. Please bring back quests to Everquest...
Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 2 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

We need 1 of the only 2 forms of classic exp to return to Norrath.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
new player discovers classic Everquest project
can’t wait to reexperience crush bone quest gains and relive neckbeard youth
notices quests don’t function as they did in classic Everquest
never comes back
(LOL)
working as intended
Old 12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 2 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebit32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 3 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please bring back quests to Everquest...
I hear a version of this every day from returning or new players over in FoB where I live now. People excited to become part of the server population, to make a home here, and this is their first taste of "classic".

Worst is these people don't realize anything is wrong until after they get in /gu and start asking questions as to why their previous turn-ins didn't give them exp.

These people are replacements for the natural attrition here! I'm trying to be all positive and be telling them it's going to be cool now. Except it was supposed to be cool two days ago now and it still ain't.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear a version of this every day from returning or new players over in FoB where I live now. People excited to become part of the server population, to make a home here, and this is their first taste of "classic".

Worst is these people don't realize anything is wrong until after they get in /gu and start asking questions as to why their previous turn-ins didn't give them exp.

These people are replacements for the natural attrition here! I'm trying to be all positive and be telling them it's going to be cool now. Except it was supposed to be cool two days ago now and it still ain't.
Very well said!

Seriously do the Devs even read this or are we just complaining amongst ourselves?
Closed Thread