Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Aviak

Focus on levels. The higher level you are the more access to plat you have to buy all the fun stuff. Necromancers are not very gear dependent at all which is nice, though HP and INT never hurt. I would say that if you plan to invest money in anything "big" then get Jboots as soon as you reasonably can, and a lev cloak isn't bad either, but in this game levels = plat.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

The most important statistic in Everquest is your level. The only measure of accomplishment that matters is your subjective enjoyment in the game, this can either be intrinsic direct fun in the activity of playing or in being able to look back at the journey and know that you persevered to help accomplish goals.

Also notice that I said “goals” and not your goals. While you should set goals and mark progress towards them, the best part about this difficult time consuming elf sim is giving back. Join a guild, make friends, make a positive difference. Your part of the best community in any online game and if your goal is to give back, you will certainly be paid forward by others and once your of level to make a difference can pay it back immensely.

You will be able to do end game content. It’s not hard to get into, yes there are Uber competitive guilds that live to push others down, but that’s a minority. There are easily 6 guilds on the server that can all do raid content just on a less consistent basis (Castle is my guild and we’re on both servers). Join any of them and focus on adventuring and getting your levels. You will have shots, just stick with it and be part of the good on the server never the toxic.

Finally I’ll leave you with this: Talk to others. If you come to see your camp has already been taken ask that person how their day is going, maybe see how long they plan to be on. Half the time people are waiting for someone worthy to take the camp so they can take a break. Also always try to be the one to offer solutions, start groups, ask for help, offer your skills. The most fun you’ll have in the game is doing something with a group make-up that has no business being where you are and finding ways to accomplish something difficult using all of your abilities.

Enjoy and welcome to the game. Best of luck in your journeys, wherever they may take you.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Pre-nerf CoS is just a nice to have item. It makes playing the game faster and easier, but it is not required for any content. You just need to be a little more strategic in where you choose to Feign Death, or how you approach going invisible through a dangerous area without one.

Lower level money camps will probably open up more on Green when Velious drops, because a lot of people are going to switch to doing all of the great Velious quests, or farming Velious loot. Velious has a LOT more time sinks for higher level players than Kunark.

As others have said, just focus on leveling for now. You picked one of the best classes for not needing any gear. You could level just fine naked, as long as you get your spells and a good supply of bone chips.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Also, cloudy potions and Ring of Shadows exist.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, cloudy potions and Ring of Shadows exist.
Good point. Even if you do end up in a situation where instant invis would be required, you can have a few rings of shadow or cloudy potions available for emergencies, and they aren't very expensive.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

This is just ridiculous. The ring of shadows has three charges it costs eight plat per charge to recharge and you can have 50 of them and buy them 200p each or farm them. They are also instant. I mean seriously what the hell? I mean it’s simple convenience like oh it’s just one thing instead of a bunch of things but it’s a ridiculous argument that it’s necessary item based on a description of its functionality in this thread.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just ridiculous. The ring of shadows has three charges it costs eight plat per charge to recharge and you can have 50 of them and buy them 200p each or farm them. They are also instant. I mean seriously what the hell? I mean it’s simple convenience like oh it’s just one thing instead of a bunch of things but it’s a ridiculous argument that it’s necessary item based on a description of its functionality in this thread.
Don't get me wrong, I always prefer to have an infinite clickie over charge items. I think a lot of people agree with this. That is why people like Pre-Nerf CoS.

Inventory space becomes a lot more premium at higher levels, because you get past all of the level restrictions for clickies and procs. I usually end up having 4 or 5 full bags of resist gear, clickies, proc weapons, keys, etc., and I still want to carry more lol.

But like you said, it is definately not a necessary item, and there are other cheap options if you want to be prepared for a specific situation where instant invis would be useful.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I played several necromancers on P99 and my personal opinion is that getting a prenerf CoS is the #1 priority item for any necromancer or SK on P99.

It's just way too much convenience compared to ANY other item.

Beads are dogshit compared to a CoS.
Last edited by Izmael; 12-12-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Old 12-18-2020, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest is a huge time sink. It’s not a game you can play an hour here or an hour there. It requires a massive amount of time commitment to be able to get to the highest level with the best gear.
While I agree with the tail end of your statement for the most part, I will say that you can enjoy the game in small doses. In fact I would say it is even more fun when you play short sessions with close friends. Just need to change your mind set - away from racing to bis (pixel joy is fleeting anyways) and towards soaking in the world, interacting and challenging yourselves
Old 12-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I mean as a cleric I pack bags and bags of invis pots and any other clicky invis items I need. Its just how you roll as a pro.

COS is just nice. Most items are just nice. Actually all of them are.

Have fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread