Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Who was right?
You can camp one room in DrogA. They KSed the BG. 42 43.30%
You can't camp one room in DrogA. DrogA expert is correct. 2 2.06%
Holy Sh*t go outside and get some sunlight also something something bush towers 53 54.64%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yucan was the one who got the kill buddy

theres good people and shitters in every guild, condemning an entire guild just because someone in foh made you cry over pixels is immature and silly.
Clearly you didn't watch the video

Literally 10 seconds after the PATCHEZ stole the mob

didnotwatch.JPG

Idiot

P.S.

FUCK FOH
Old 01-02-2021, 05:27 PM
Kobold

The entire guild should be banned for blatant harassment. This is a failure of governance. Where is an officer to speak to and condemn the actions of the guild's membership? Will a GM enforce this flagrant violation of the PNP or are we accepting that Green is now a lawless wasteland akin to Kevin Costner's 1995 film Waterworld?
Old 01-02-2021, 06:11 PM
Banned

didnt read a single post in this thread LOL
Old 01-02-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me either but I replied a few times lol.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2everquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct that you can camp that one area in droga and yes, they did kill steal you. However you are a bit naive in not understanding the current climate on Green and the "players" that inhabit it.

That particular camp in Droga attracts the plat farmers like Yucun and Urburtha because it has three drops (Idol of Thorned, Gauntlets of Potence, and pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows) that currently sell for around 10k plat each. If/when Green merges with Blue the pre-nerf CoS will be worth 50k so the payoff is large to sell a few now and mule the rest for later.

Droga is a dungeon with 20min spawns so there is no real "list" however to retain perpetual control of the camp the Green farmers have created their own rules aka "droga rules" that are not published anywhere nor do they comply with any wiki or play nice guidelines. Now these rules will change at whim depending on which farmer is in zone but since Yucun is the subject of a lot of your correspondence I will relay what he has told me in broken English.

First rule is you have to maintain a list for that camp and update it with anyone who wants on it. So presume the camp is open and you have a couple friends who want to do it, you are required to create a list add outside people to it despite it being your camp. If you do not the camp will be taken from you by higher level players that farm the zone. There are no zone CCs as people do not respect a camp check. To avoid issues everyone just complies and maintains a list for CoS, Idol, and EoE.

The next rule is you are expected to add the plat farmers to your group if they are near the camp. On a couple occasions I have had a group of 3 or 4 looking to help a necro or sk get CoS and in strolls Yucun who proceeds to kill steal spawns because, as he told you, you aren't killing them fast enough which is evidence in his opinion that you can't hold the camp. Thus you have to add them to avoid him or Urburtha from killing and ninjalooting a bodyguard or Chief spawn, so again most people do to avoid drama.

Now the next rule is: even if the farmers are in the group soaking exp & looting, they DO NOT HAVE TO HELP AT ALL unless they are #1. They can and do AFK for hours sitting near your camp in what Yucun calls "safe place" while the non-AFKers do all the work. They can wander to EoE camp and farm that if they want. Yucun will not respond to messages for hours but will state he is never afk for more than 15 minutes so you cannot remove him from the list nor should you kick him from the group or the kill stealing will resume.

Another rule is Yucun and Urburtha are bound in droga so they can never be removed from the list and immediately get the camp if a group wipes because they are always in zone. Even if they cannot see the camp or are afk invis not killing any spawns, the camp becomes theirs in the event of any issue with the current group or #1 as determined by them and as protected by virtue of the rules of the droga "list."

Now this is where the real beauty of the list comes in because like everything in Everquest, RNG is a bitch. You think to yourself there is a chance every 20 mins and sure you could get an idol or CoS quickly but more likely you are in for a 5+ hour loss of your life for an imaginary in game item with marginal benefit late game. If you are doing the camp with a group, people will eventually have to tap out for RL commitments. If you are an appropriate level that the dungeon experience was designed for (40s) it's going to be hard for you to keep up the pace yourself presuming you want to get this over with and not deal with coming back later and waiting through their "list" again. As you proved it is possible to keep up, but dangerous and it will take you awhile. Something could run and cause a train, something could gate requiring you to camp, or worse you could die given that it is a dungeon and it was meant to be challenging.

But you have group mates right? Or at the very least other listers in #2, #3, or #4 position sitting there in the droga zone. Other people there on the list who are decent human beings who would like to see you rewarded for your time and effort spent because you are just there to get the item and then get out vice farming over and over? Sorry noob you have Yucun or Urburtha (or a couple others that I will refrain from specifically naming because these two are the worst IMO) who want to see you wipe so they can take the "list" back over in #1 slot and thereby control the camp. This puts them in first place for all drops and actually provides them with endless support as people will unknowingly show up and ask to be put on their player run list thinking it is legit and will help grind down the spawns for hours allowing the farmers to get the drops again and again and again.

So what does this do? Like you many do not get the drops and learn that the time commitment and frustration is not worth the effort to actually farm it so better to just buy it which keeps the item prices high since a select few control the supply. It's a lot of plat so this helps feed the people who sell plat for RL dollars (probably also the same people) because if all high value items are farmed and controlled, how does anyone legitmately acquire enough plat to participate? In the end you have two options: 1) waste a ridiculous amount of time to fight your way to the top of a BS list and then pray those people won't steal the spawns from you OR 2) overpay those same people for an item you could easily get if it wasn't permanently camped. You are screwed either way.

If you do want to grind for the idol or CoS on green you need to ask people who the farmers are and see if they are online. They are unfortunately always /anon so you won't be able to tell if they are in the zone but rest assured they are or will at least claim to be to ensure they are on the item lists. You best bet is to login when the server population is low so just set your alarm for like 3am or 5am EST multiple days in a row and check the zone. Eventually you'll get the camp for a little while until the trolls start coming back on.

It's all part of that P99 experience. Welcome to Green!
Beautiful.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just dont get why this scum always gets away with their sh*t. It was def. a KS
Old 01-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This thread makes me glad I've never set foot in this camp on Green. Also, Idol of the Thorned is meh. I'd rather have a Runed Bone Fork or Medicine Totem / Thex Mallet in my ranged slot.
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 01-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

I just want to point out the blatantly obvious here:

Quote:
I was considering petitioning these guys but ultimately I value the time and energy of our volunteer staff too much!
Instead, he writes a double post with logs, cropped screenshots, ongoing commentary and a poll. Instead of petitioning and getting some action, and getting a record that these guys are dicks so there can be some history for the GM's, there is a R&F post that no one gives a shit about:

Quote:
Then we have someone write a long ass story how these guys have been dicks to people for months or whatever.

I would like to congratulate the OP for continuing to keep toxic players around to bother even more people and create more CSR problems down the road for everyone in his desire to quickly share his giant outrage with the 18 people here who couldn't care less. Let us continue to spare the time and energy of our volunteer staff!

/facepalm
Old 01-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Banned

consider blue
Old 01-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Large Rat

Ho boi ! I'm glad Green exist so it drain all those wonderful players away from Blue !
Closed Thread