Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Crack open a history book. Best time to be alive is now. The only reason to be afraid is because the economic mistakes being made at the top could jeopardize the whole system.

Luckily as long as not too many people sign up for a dictator to rule them (lol wtf) there is no viable system to replace this one and we are likely to keep trucking till the earth is non viable for human life which is going to be in a really long time even with worst case scenarios.

Lets do what we can for better. Bristlebane bless.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free speech is in absolutely no danger of falling. It's never been healthier. Or more abundant. Or cheep to publish.
Agreed. It seems like they are just grasping on whatever argument they can grab ahold of as they fall. Private actors should not be forced to allow private parties to utilize their platform to (a) spread lies, or (b) provoke violence. Moreso the last one. If Donald Trump had not been tweeting out lies that provoked psychos from bumb fuck boon docks wherever to come out of the woods and rush the White House, he would not have been banned from several social media platforms and suspended from the others. In addition, if he was still the president they would have let his ass carry on as they had been because they did not want to disrupt the commander and chiefs communication tool to the modern-day "marketplace." But Donald is no longer the president and therefore is not afforded those extra privileges.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free speech is in absolutely no danger of falling. It's never been healthier. Or more abundant. Or cheep to publish. In all of human history. Everywhere. Even places like China have more free speech via google docs WordPress and medium circumventing their firewall than they can handle.

We are in particularly good shape here with Twitter and Twitters ceo having their rights well protected.

Now get writing your novelas, kindles were displaying plain txt last time I checked via USB from my PC just fine.
Volume of speech is not the same as freedom of speech, though given your posting habits it's easy to see why that would be lost on you.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The president can still go on national television and give a press conference. This like getting mad at a private newspaper that isn't printing your rants anymore because you violated their terms of services multiple times. He already did get a better treatment than normal users
Old 01-19-2021, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Volume of speech is not the same as freedom of speech, though given your posting habits it's easy to see why that would be lost on you.
Whatabout my posting habits?
Old 01-19-2021, 03:55 PM
Banned

If you don't understand why Twitter is not analogous to a local newspaper then I don't know how to have this conversation.

Another question, do you believe that things posted on Parler had never been posted on Twitter?

Lastly, if Parler is held to task on what is posted there, why isn't Twitter? They shouldn't be btw.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't understand why Twitter is not analogous to a local newspaper then I don't know how to have this conversation.

Another question, do you believe that things posted on Parler had never been posted on Twitter?

Lastly, if Parler is held to task on what is posted there, why isn't Twitter? They shouldn't be btw.
Wrong.

Parler can host its own servers still.

I'll let the legal experts take it from here.

Carry on.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Govt didn't hold either

Hth
Old 01-19-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

If I wanted to make a social media company that only allowed dick picks to be posted on it, and 100 billion users started using it, and you were upset that you couldn't post butt picks, so you asked the goverment to take over my business, you'd be a communist.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I wanted to make a social media company that only allowed dick picks to be posted on it, and 100 billion users started using it, and you were upset that you couldn't post butt picks, so you asked the goverment to take over my business, you'd be a communist.
dont neglect the 'slippery slope' in between the two [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] namean bb?

you know, the gooch. some people do call it the boober as i understand. no relation
Closed Thread