Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Orc

Default Banded Armor

Can anyone suggest the best place to purchase a set of banded armor? I found several pieces in Freeport at Armor By Iskar but that's it. I was looking at the Chain mail gear but damn it's outrageous. I'm a level 16 cleric with only about 150p to my name so that's way out of my range. The banded was very reasonable and seemed better actually. Bronze just seems so heavy.

I was going to go to the commons but everything there was high level stuff and my god the prices! I can't imagine ever having that kind of money. Is it even worth putting out a WTB there for banded or will I look like an idiot? Thanks in advance!

Meyen Lvl 16 Cleric
Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Should be able to buy a full set of banded from another player for about 90p.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

As a level 1 ogre shaman, I was able to loot stuff of dead guards for like half an hour and then sell those loots to get enough platinum to forge my own set of banded armor...last time I made an ogre at least
Old 07-17-2018, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Vendor bought armor is ludicrously overpriced, likely to encourage cooperation and trade between players.

Go to the tunnel and auction for some banded gear. You should be able to get it easily enough.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

You'll catch some banded armor makers in EC occasionally, worth a shout ^^
Old 07-17-2018, 01:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vendor bought armor is ludicrously overpriced, likely to encourage cooperation and trade between players.

Go to the tunnel and auction for some banded gear. You should be able to get it easily enough.
That's not really true with regards to player-crafted banded. I know I bought a suit off a vendor near the smithing area when I was brand new to the server and I am fairly certain it was cheaper than what players usually charged. It was like a couple platinum per piece.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

Last time I wore banded armor I just did lightstones for 120plat then smithed myself a set.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Orc

Thanks for all the responses. I've parked my butt in the tunnel but have had little luck but will keep trying. Clevergirl, I may give that a try.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the responses. I've parked my butt in the tunnel but have had little luck but will keep trying. Clevergirl, I may give that a try.
Yeah, I did it because of "fun(tm)", but maybe you could skip that?, I mean, it might just be worth it to grab a 20ac breastplate, and maybe a weapon or something (that's what I think I'll do this round, if I play again). How high level are ya yet? There's lots of ways to make money at lowbie levels, it just takes more time. Once you can get exp with a group, you'll be better off in cloth/rawhide and with a weapon for DPS and a group if soloing - it's totally cool to make it yourself, it just takes time.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Just spend your time xping instead of looking for armour that provides next to no benefit to your character.
Closed Thread