Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy to do. Next to impossible to prove or detect anyone is using it. No easy solution exists other than getting rid of racing cause its bad. Whether its rolls or on spawn it's trivially easy to cheat undetected. Knowing this fact how can anyone justify keeping with this system?

Maybe the solution is just distribute a script that everyone can use to even the score :P
The problem is there aren't a lot of solutions. The devs and a large portion of the community do not want rotations, so that is out. Doing a /random for a mob is a pseudo rotation, and can be even less fair than a pre-defined rotation.

Rooting mobs is fair, but causes many mobs to require a zerg force. This means small guilds get the shaft.

Honestly the best solutions are racing or no rules at all if you want competition, especially if you want smaller guilds to participate. Before rooted dragons you would see four guilds in ToV (Kittens, Aftermath, AG, and Riot). That was healthier IMO.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy to do. Next to impossible to prove or detect anyone is using it. No easy solution exists other than getting rid of racing cause its bad. Whether its rolls or on spawn it's trivially easy to cheat undetected. Knowing this fact how can anyone justify keeping with this system?

Maybe the solution is just distribute a script that everyone can use to even the score :P
The guy with lowest ping using the script among other scripters will win then back to square 1. EQ was never meant to be competitive e-sport.. period. You could argue it anyway you want, but in the end the original creators intended it to be a "dungeon crawler".

Another solution would be utilizing other games that are intentionally made for competition with built in cheat prevention, less variables, accessible for all. You can just nominate 1 person from each guild and make them play a game of Chess(doesn't have to be chess) and stream it on UN or P99 discord so people can watch it and maybe make Plat bets /shrug. Best out of 3 wins, advances to next round etc. It'd take less than 2hrs to figure out who gets the next soandso target and can be scheduled before mobs even spawn. Can even go further to say if X guild wins you have to CRAWL to the mob within a certain time-frame before conceding to next runner-up.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Bring back 1 hour fte lockouts and small guilds can compete again /nod
Old 02-09-2022, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Naethyn, you left AG when you couldn’t buy a slot on the SOD giveaway raffle. And you offered a paltry 100k to anyone getting you a spot. Memories they fade with time and BS
Old 02-09-2022, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Wtf 45 pages
Old 02-09-2022, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

If I say it the loudest and longest, it makes it true. - Vanq
Old 02-09-2022, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I say it the loudest and longest, it makes it true. - Vanq
I'm gonna post this video of my scripted guild beating Vanq off the line to prove that Vanq is cheating -Riot
Old 02-09-2022, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Damn yall writing a book in 2 days here, lemme know when it becomes required reading for school if they don't torch it first.

Also imagine cheating for pixels. 23 year old elf sim. Hahah
Old 02-09-2022, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bring back 1 hour fte lockouts and small guilds can compete again /nod
Yeah I have been wondering what the justification was for removing lockouts because all it does it enable the top guild to monopolize content even easier with less risk.

I thought this was exactly what wasn't wanted by the gms. Wasn't one of the main ideas that guilds had to prioritize their targets? Now they can just go for anything all the time because if something better spawns, instant drop and go for it. Not that I am complaining but to me it feels like that decision seems to contradict what they said they wanted the raid scene to behave like.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna post this video of my scripted guild beating Vanq off the line to prove that Vanq is cheating -Riot
Im going to keep mischaracterizing the evidence to argue we arent cheating - Vanq
Closed Thread