Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while Cliff Golems are fun, I have haven't seen a single spell drop.
I got my torpor off cliff Golems.
I've also gotten several other high end spells such as Bedlam.

They are an option for people who don't have 100k or a guild to get them torpor.

Other than that, I've farmed Gwurms with a crew and we produced 8 torpor in 1 month. avg was 4-5 per month though.

I've also many times solo pulled and prepped Ixiblat Fer for a single group to kill easily.
I've said it before, solo'd ayillish for people's +6 neck.

the list goes on, but we're getting way off topic. Or I am atleast..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am also not sure why you seem to claim root rotting is all a Shaman does even at high levels, considering quite a few mobs are unrootable at high levels.
Then they must slow tank and rot. Okay no root involved but SLOW is insanely OP. You cast a 50% slow on a mob you essentially reduce it's melee damage by 50%.

Shaman damage comes from it's DoTs. In my opinion the poison dots are the best. high damage burn to take down targets fast. Use the dog as a mana battery or a little extra damage.

Yeah shaman pet's are decent, they will raise your dps by 2-10, that's quite a nice bonus even in velious.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Finally, while Cliff Golems are fun, they are not the best source of income unless you get really lucky. I have killed quite a few Cliff Golems, and haven't seen a single spell drop, regardless of worth.
What is your preferred income source?
Old 07-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my torpor off cliff Golems.
I've also gotten several other high end spells such as Bedlam.

They are an option for people who don't have 100k or a guild to get them torpor.

Other than that, I've farmed Gwurms with a crew and we produced 8 torpor in 1 month. avg was 4-5 per month though.

I've also many times solo pulled and prepped Ixiblat Fer for a single group to kill easily.
I've said it before, solo'd ayillish for people's +6 neck.

the list goes on, but we're getting way off topic. Or I am atleast..
Oh! That is awesome you got your Torpor from Cliff Golems. Again, if you get lucky, Cliff Golems are great. I have spent quite a bit of time at Cliff Golems, and never gotten any spell drops (good or bad) sadly. I have heard the same from other people, they can spend months there and not get much.

While it is off topic, I 100% agree with you GWurms or maybe Juggs is the best option for Shamans who want to get Torpor without farming the 100k. You have a MUCH higher chance of getting good spells in those two camps, and you only need a single group. And the nice thing about GWurms is you can pop over and check Ixiblat Fer like you mentioned. While CoF drop rate is pretty low, the fight is very fast if you have the right group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your preferred income source?
Since this is a solo thread, I will stick to those options. I prefer spots that have common money drops. The way I see it, you can camp a VERY LOW drop rate spot like Cliff Golems for months and not get anything. In those months, you could have farmed a more consistent spot and probably gotten your 100k for the spell.

My favorite spot used to be Misty Thicket wall guards, because they had a 6 minute 30 second respawn timer and a 100% chance to drop a 10pp weapon. So you could easily farm 10k a week if you spent 16 hours there. That isn't too bad, considering that means you only need to be there 2-3 hours a day. But very recently they nerfed the spawn rates to 30 minutes per guard, so it isn't viable anymore.

If you have Torpor and don't mind being Kael factioned instead of ToV/Thurgadin factioned, killing WW Dragons is a pretty good source of income. WW Dragons take about 15 minutes a piece to kill, and if they drop a head you are guaranteed a 1k-2k item. They can also drop dragon armor, so you could potentially get 2 1k+ items per kill. Getting something like 3k worth of stuff in 15 minutes is a nice feeling[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you get lucky and find a top teir armor drop, those can sell for much higher.

Another spot I used to do was 4 way in Kael when I wasn't Kael factioned. Killing the Lieutenants gives you a chance at Thurgadin armor drops. They drop all the same armor as Kael Arena. I got pretty lucky there, multiple plate legs and plate bps to sell for MQs, as well as a few leather bracers. But going off of my own logic, I would say 4 way is a bit like Cliff Golems, you do need to get kind of lucky. I think I like 4 way better because you can kill more Lieutenants in the same amount of time as Cliff Golems, so you get more drop chances.

Again, if you have Torpor, Chardok is also a place where you can get some 1k+ drops fairly easily if you camp multiple spots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c This video here shows me killing the Cryptmaster, who drops a 2k earring, a 1k corpse summon range item, and a very nice no drop resistance shoulder you could probably sell loot rights to. I have probably sold 5 or 6 earrings for 2k a pop, and they are a pretty common drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then they must slow tank and rot. Okay no root involved but SLOW is insanely OP. You cast a 50% slow on a mob you essentially reduce it's melee damage by 50%.

Shaman damage comes from it's DoTs. In my opinion the poison dots are the best. high damage burn to take down targets fast. Use the dog as a mana battery or a little extra damage.

Yeah shaman pet's are decent, they will raise your dps by 2-10, that's quite a nice bonus even in velious.
Agreed, Shaman slow is super OP lol, especially when paired with the Malo line of spells. And yes, once you get to level 49 and onward, Shaman DoTs are really powerful. Envenomed Bolt and Bane of Nife knock out enemies pretty quick if they aren't heavily poison resistant, and the Malo line also reduces poison resistance, which is great.

Dog DPS is great, especially with 50% haste. I use doggo when killing WW dragons to act as a manaless DoT. Doggo basically removes the WW Dragons high HP regen. Saves me quite a bit of mana because I can basically use one less DoT line of spells on the Dragon per kill. I just use Pox and Epic click. I wish I could use Bane of Nife instead, but WW Dragons seem to be more poison resistant than disease resistant, so Pox is a little more consistent on that fight.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-18-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Old 07-18-2021, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I got torp off a cliff golem as well. Probably have killed like 30 to date so mostly dumb luck with a buddy. We just kill them when nothing better to do and no time commitment needed.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't read all this junk on here but the reality is Shamans are bad soloers for leveling purposes. Without the epic shamans are not very efficient and even JBB spam is a terrible way to level.

When you get 60 and have a fungi/torpor/epic you are a beast, but before that - Root Rot is the only viable method and managing your pets damage is a real pain in the ass.

Somehow Shamans get categorized as Necromancer and Enchanter level of solo, but that only applies at 60... 1-59 its not even funny how much worse shamans are at soloing than nec/ench.

Shamans are a great class but when you compare anything to charming it's basically garbage.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 07-20-2021 at 07:18 PM..
Old 07-20-2021, 10:56 PM
Banned

+1 for poison wind censor

great melee for up to 40 ish

shamans are the most tankiest out of the priest classes

sometimes, they're even brought up to groups as the tank!
Old 07-20-2021, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't read all this junk on here but the reality is Shamans are bad soloers for leveling purposes. Without the epic shamans are not very efficient and even JBB spam is a terrible way to level.

When you get 60 and have a fungi/torpor/epic you are a beast, but before that - Root Rot is the only viable method and managing your pets damage is a real pain in the ass.

Somehow Shamans get categorized as Necromancer and Enchanter level of solo, but that only applies at 60... 1-59 its not even funny how much worse shamans are at soloing than nec/ench.

Shamans are a great class but when you compare anything to charming it's basically garbage.
This is very wrong. Shamans are pretty good at soloing from 1-60. JBB spam is a great way to level, I was getting 1 blue bubble an hour in PoM rat maze at level 59 with JBB spam. JBB spam is higher DPS on a single target than epic DoT.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-20-2021 at 11:57 PM..
Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
This is very wrong. Shamans are pretty good at soloing from 1-60. JBB spam is a great way to level, I was getting 1 blue bubble an hour in PoM rat maze at level 59 with JBB spam. JBB spam is higher DPS on a single target than epic DoT.
Agree with DSM here. At 56 I was able to take out 3 mobs in the Bear Pits den area simultaneously with intelligent use of roots, epic click, pet, and JBB. Epic each mob, focus JBB and pet on one thats slowed, and manage timers carefully.

Our biggest obstacle soloing is the lack of CC that's better than root. So your skill with spacing and roots becomes very important if you're taking multiples, that's all.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah. I owe a lot to loramin, DeathsSilkyMist, BlkCamel, and everyone else who has shared sage Shaman wisdom on this forum. But a lot of the advice here isn't realistic for people who are looking to main a Shaman on Green.

"If you need to make money, solo guards until 55. You can start doing halfling guards in misty thicket at 25. You will easily get enough money to buy at least a JBB, a Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate, and a Fungi Staff. Those will save you a ton of time while soloing. Black Fur Boots pair well with the Fungi Staff, so get those too if you can. Black Dire is easy to do if you know a couple level 60 friends."

DSM mentions how these guards are nerfed, but I wanted to say that I started my character with the hope that I would be able to solo-grind enough plat to afford some of these game-changing pieces of gear. I killed guards in Qeynos Hills & WK from 28-39. Spent days running around Rathe Mountains killing HGs after 44.

Despite all this, I have not been able to afford a JBB, Ikky BP, or Fungi Staff (totals ~55kpp). But even though I'm only level 52 and still wearing 7 pieces of Banded Armor, my Shaman feels strong and durable. I just can't solo as well as an Enchanter, Necro, or Shaman with their Epic, JBB, worn regen etc.

Considering how competitive and expensive the economy on Green is for Shaman loot, it's worth repeating how dang nice the increased HP regen is post-51. I know the Shaman race min/max discussion has been beat to death, but for those without access to high-end & expensive gear, this can't be overstated. With my new slow and increased HP/mana regen, I'm able to tackle much harder content and I have way less downtime. It might not be as important at 60 with Torpor, but that is a long train coming...
Old 07-21-2021, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I owe a lot to loramin, DeathsSilkyMist, BlkCamel, and everyone else who has shared sage Shaman wisdom on this forum. But a lot of the advice here isn't realistic for people who are looking to main a Shaman on Green.

"If you need to make money, solo guards until 55. You can start doing halfling guards in misty thicket at 25. You will easily get enough money to buy at least a JBB, a Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate, and a Fungi Staff. Those will save you a ton of time while soloing. Black Fur Boots pair well with the Fungi Staff, so get those too if you can. Black Dire is easy to do if you know a couple level 60 friends."

DSM mentions how these guards are nerfed, but I wanted to say that I started my character with the hope that I would be able to solo-grind enough plat to afford some of these game-changing pieces of gear. I killed guards in Qeynos Hills & WK from 28-39. Spent days running around Rathe Mountains killing HGs after 44.

Despite all this, I have not been able to afford a JBB, Ikky BP, or Fungi Staff (totals ~55kpp). But even though I'm only level 52 and still wearing 7 pieces of Banded Armor, my Shaman feels strong and durable. I just can't solo as well as an Enchanter, Necro, or Shaman with their Epic, JBB, worn regen etc.

Considering how competitive and expensive the economy on Green is for Shaman loot, it's worth repeating how dang nice the increased HP regen is post-51. I know the Shaman race min/max discussion has been beat to death, but for those without access to high-end & expensive gear, this can't be overstated. With my new slow and increased HP/mana regen, I'm able to tackle much harder content and I have way less downtime. It might not be as important at 60 with Torpor, but that is a long train coming...
Hello JDAm0nk! Glad to hear you were able to make some good use of my information[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do 100% agree with you here, some of my advice has become outdated. For that specific quote you mentioned, that was back before Green, and when JBB's were only 10-12k. That meant you could get JBB, Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate, and Fungi Staff for around 30-35k total. Black Dire kills were usually free, you just needed a few friends.

Before the Misty Thicket guards were nerfed, you could easily make something like 10k per 16 hours or so if you had the wall to yourself, and that could be done probably starting at level 34 or so. With the economy changes, the higher demand/lack of supply on Green, and the Misty Thicket guard nerf, it is harder for new players who main a Shaman to follow my advice and get enough money for the gear they need to solo very well 50+.

I never had my epic when I was leveling, but by level 52 or so I had JBB, Fungi Tunic, Fungi Staff, Black Dire Boots, Shawl 7, and the Thurgadin Chain BP for free Riotous Health. So my ability to solo was about as good as a Shaman could get without having an Epic. Without any of those things, Shaman solo speed certainly suffers.

As you mentioned, you still feel quite durable, even without the fancy gear. A Shaman's toolkit still allows them to solo quite well, even basically naked. They do get a slower start levels 1-24, so if you are naked that level patch can be rough. Luckily, levels 1-24 or so are pretty easy for all classes, due to how many lowbie zones are available (many of which have a high ZEM). Once you get to 24 your solo capacity increases dramatically due to Regen and Cannibalize. By 29 you get a 30% haste, and at 34 you get a pretty awesome pet.

I agree a naked Shaman will not be able to compete with a naked Necro, Enchanter, Mage, or Bard, but those classes are well known to be the best naked soloers. Shamans I would say are in the middle of the pack when it comes to soloing naked, on par with naked Druids or Wizards. When they have the proper gear, they are more on par with the better solo classes. And obviously with Torpor, they enter beast mode.