Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was fine. You're too touchy.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This, and you did get some good advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Old 03-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo in EQ sucks - Duos and Trios are where the game really shine - I find it incredibly hard to believe you cant find a partner. If solo play is your thing there are about 20,000 RPGs out there that blow EQ out of the water
I personally love solo eq
Old 03-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a standard way of preventing this?
Buy or beg for a fine steel dagger and melee with your pet. Tanking for your pet works fine as a necro until like 20 with just melee and lifetaps. Less downtime and quicker kills too.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally love solo eq
Amen.

I mean, I've never solod a totally-untwinked melee before... but short of that, I've enjoyed myself with everything I've played, and most of it has been solo. I don't mind a good group here or there, but GOOD groups aren't always easy to find, and the flexibility of the pace of solo play around RL (or just my whims) is hard to beat!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Amen.

I mean, I've never solod a totally-untwinked melee before... but short of that, I've enjoyed myself with everything I've played, and most of it has been solo. I don't mind a good group here or there, but GOOD groups aren't always easy to find, and the flexibility of the pace of solo play around RL (or just my whims) is hard to beat!
Exactly! I mained a necro forever and now an enchanter and grouping is just too much commitment. I love being able to get on, do whatever I want, afk when I want and however long I want and log off without being committed to anyone else. I definitely do enjoy grouping sometimes but I'd much rather solo
Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Gotta jump in again with soloing with a necro. For me and my game style it is just the ticket. Grouping takes too much commitment. I like to root, rot, send the pet and read while all that is going on. Get up and loot at the end of a paragraph and back to med and read. There are lots of spots you can do this at all levels. You may have to re-root/dot em but that's ok.
A former friend showed me a necro soloing a giant that he and his group, (same lvl as the necro), were just being able to win against. That did it for me. I still play my hot shot monk and the druid sometimes.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Gang,

I've just started a necro (currently lvl 6) and am noticing I'm losing a LOT of xp to my pet.

Is there a standard way of preventing this? I almost always solo so it's not likely I'll be able to pick up a hunting partner to kill the mechanic. I'm finding it frustrating to the point of wanting to make a melee char just to avoid the xp loss, but my solo'ability will go to shit.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

~ Patriot
So I ran into a similiar issue when i started my necro. And I get what you are saying about not grouping. Sometimes it's nice but its not always viable as I play for limited amounts of time at odd times.

Anyway, as for actual usable advice, push through to lvl 8 and it will get a little better.
For now though, I'd say hit the mob with your darkness spell and and your lvl 1 dot and then just auto attack and hope you out damage your pet. You HAVE to melee at this lvl or there will be no way to out dps your pet. Also, don't give your pet any trash weapons. It will just make it that much harder.

What you really need to do is get to lvl 12. At that point you can enter Kurn's Tower and with your undead fear, it's game on! Even if you didn't roll Iksar, get to KT no matter your race (make sure to pre-buy any of the spells you need/can), and be ready for a cake walk. I didn't bother with undead root because you don't get it until lvl 16, it is research, it is way more mana than undead fear, AND the skeles in KT aren't social so it doesn't matter how much they run around so long as you don't proximity aggro. So essentially, hit 12 however you can, fear kite skeles in KT until they hit about 60%, send your pet in, then rinse and repeat. You can leave KT at 19-20 and at that point you should have absolutely no problem out DPSing your pet.
Closed Thread