Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Default White, washed-out, desktop after exiting EQ.

When I log into EQ and then exit, upon exiting (through buttons, not hitting ESC), my screen get's washed-out/very bright and remains that way until I reload EQ again. Any one experience this issue of permanent washed-out display after playing EQ?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanDemain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I log into EQ and then exit, upon exiting (through buttons, not hitting ESC), my screen get's washed-out/very bright and remains that way until I reload EQ again. Any one experience this issue of permanent washed-out display after playing EQ?
Yep. This used to happen on my old box before I built a new PC. I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it permanently. I will say, though, that after play-sessions where this would happen going into sleep mode would fix this. It's just kind of a hassle to have to go into sleep mode to resolve the issue.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. This used to happen on my old box before I built a new PC. I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it permanently. I will say, though, that after play-sessions where this would happen going into sleep mode would fix this. It's just kind of a hassle to have to go into sleep mode to resolve the issue.
I'm pretty dumb because I used to have this problem before my break in P99... I had a simple solution like changing resolution or some thing but I can't remember/figure it out.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Could be a driver-related issue - might want to try reinstalling your graphics card drivers to see if that fixes the issue. Here are a few things you can try to reset your gamma:

1. Load Task Manager and find Windows Explorer, right-click and select restart.

2. Run EQ again and click Decline on the EULA dialog.

3. Download and install f.lux - load it after you've exited EQ and you're still experiencing gamma brightness.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanDemain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a simple solution like changing resolution or some thing but I can't remember/figure it out.
EQ takes control of your software color controls ever since they tried messing with the darkness imposed on races with no night-vision enhancing traits or spells.

Specifically, it messes with the gamma and color brightness. (on my PC)

If I manually set them back to where they were before logging into char select, then save them, it removes that whitewash.

Not sure how helpful this is, but that's how I get past it.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

If you have an nvidia card I think there is a way to set gamma to driver controlled vs. software controlled.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Lemme know if you figure out a fix. NVidia cards seem to be an underlying common denominator (i have this problem and have one). Just bump your gamma in game and it usually auto corrects
Old 10-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Orc

For me, the gamma setting in EQ was causing the problem. Once I downloaded winEQ and turned on the gamma lock setting it was fixed.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Just going to use f.lux - already have it installed and fixed every thing instantly. /shrug