Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Default Wandering Mind

Do you use this spell when exp'ing around caster mobs?

I'm currently lvl 52 and soloing in HS. In North and in Basement there are a lot of manadrain targets. I therefore always have Theft of Thought up. But recently I've been experimenting with also having Wandering Mind up. It's definitely more tiresome having that one slot fewer to toggle spells with. Before I would have 2 flex slots where I'd shift around nuke, charm, berserker spirit and lull and that is now down to one slot. But it's not a massive burden neither.

6 mana per tick is pretty big. It's more than half an extra c2. Do you find yourself using this spell? If not is it because you have genuinly found the benefits too limited or is it more about convenience?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

I used it almost all the time when I was leveling in HS. Besides the fact it lasts 2 mins and has a 2.5 min cooldown, 6 mana per tick is the same mana regen that POTG gives so if it's used on cooldown it's slightly less mana than POTG in the long run.

There will be rare occasions you really need the slot that WM is in + 1 swap slot, but most of the time it's worth keeping mem'd and using.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

There is the added benefit of reducing the npc's mana so they're casting on you, your pet or your party much less.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is the added benefit of reducing the npc's mana so they're casting on you, your pet or your party much less.
This is true. Though seems much more decisive on boss-type fights that stretch for minutes.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

if you don't memorize Gate it is very easy to keep an open slot for it at all times. Love this spell
Old 03-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you don't memorize Gate it is very easy to keep an open slot for it at all times. Love this spell
I don't know about "very ease," at least not if you're soloing. Doable, but it definitely increases the amount of spell swapping you need to do.

I tended to keep WM loaded when I could spare it and wasn't full mana all the time anyway cause of a bard in group or whatever.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

I find I almost never need to use my second stun so I'm thinking I'll put WM there.

If I ever find a copy og the spell, that is.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

There are not many times when I have thought “I need more mana” so much that I would be willing to ditch one of my swap spots for this spell. When soloing (and even grouping) I am constantly swapping between my two swap spots- I can’t imahine doing it with 1 with any regularity.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

I tend to run with one swap spot, but I swap a lot.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to run with one swap spot, but I swap a lot.
Too hardcore for me, haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread