Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just came back and found unknown login accounts

I haven't played here since like 2011 and I decided to play again. I had to get everything reinstalled which includes resetting my passwords again since I forgot all that. My email was still the same so that's fine. So I go to forums and check to see if I still had my old login account. Oddly enough my login account isn't there, but there's 2 unknown login accounts on there. It says they were played in 2014. That's impossible. How did they get there? lol
Old 10-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

The 2014 timestamp is from when they did an account cleanout to get rid of unused characters below like level 10 or something. Can't remember exactly why they did that, probably just to free up server space or something - massive amounts of useless data. So there were probably some lowbie characters on those accounts that hadn't been played in years and they got wiped out on that 2014 date.

Anyway, there's only really two possibilities to explain the unknown accounts:

1. You shared your EQEmulator account info at some point and someone else made them.

2. You made them and forgot about it.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

That's a relief then. It's very possible I made totally random account names and didn't remember them. It was the date that was scaring me more than anything. lol