Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

So I finally sat down and clicked on things. Looks like you got a good base for a game. Limiting it to a 4 person co op seems lame but understandable for a small studio. I will definitely sign up for closed beta if I can play it on my Xbox. This seems to have the feel of Bioshock without the guns meets new age Might and Magic in FP mode.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Large Bat

Super cool!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

This is significantly better looking than one might expect clicking on an indie game from p99 forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Looks awesome, actually. Will the dungeons be randomly generated? Are there any objectives that have to be completed other than fighting off the hordes of monsters?

I couple of suggesttions are to include PvP/brawl mode with FFA, 2v2s, or 4v4s. And allow players to adjust Difficulty levels of the normal horde mode.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Looks like somebody took alot of "notes" playing Skyrim and thought making a fantasy based left for dead game mode
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Aviak

Default Responses

Thank you all for the comments. Really appreciated. Excited to show it off and have some great response. It's truly a game VERY inspired by EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No fighters?
No Fighters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you tell us more? What technologies are used? Unity? How is matchmaking done, if any? Guilds? Char persistence? What about PvP? What about items / inventory / loot ? Spells? Buffs? What mechanics did you port over from EQ?
Built in Unreal. Match making done via your friend group. No PVP at this point. Think of it as instance raiding with a group of 4. We're figuring out ways to increase this, but we're running into some technical limitations with how much we can handle in one match.

Character progression is really important to us. Many games these days pretend to have perks or gear to enhance character progression, but really they are faking it a lot of the times. For instance, in a game I like to play, you have a perk that increases your chance of doing something by 2% when the base chance is 4%, which would be fine if it stacked with something else right? So you could get it to 15-20%... But there's no way to stack it, so its rather silly and I call that a fake perk. We REALLY want character progression to play a huge part of the game. A character at level 60 (our max level) with high level gear will easily slaughter the lower level raids. There's a balance here, so we're trying to discover that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been dreaming of an FPS Everquest for many years. Matter of fact, I spent a year and a half actively developing one (pure C / SDL), which is very playable now, with spells / inventory / bags / loot / npc's / quests / clickies / scrolls / groups ... everything EQ really. And FAST paced hardcore FPS action inherited directly from Quake3.
Sounds cool. Would love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feedback-- The creature animations look choppy. The.. I'm not sure what to call them.. "Butchers" that run after the player are a bit puppet-like. The dragon at the end of the trailer is also puppet-like. Possibly slow down their initial animations to create a more dramatic effect. It seems this aspect needs work in general.
Thank you for your feedback here, we already fixed the Ogre animation and are working on the others [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I LOVE the dark atmosphere. It's so hot right now. Look at Dark Souls Remastered. Gamers like it......The game looks pre-alpha. There is more work to be done. Thank you for sharing, and I am excited to see further development!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like Sol A/B remastered! Very cool. Follow your dream!
You are the first person to nail that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Old Sebilis inspired map will be another. I would love to pitch it to Daybreak, but for personal reasons, I'm not sure I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I finally sat down and clicked on things. Looks like you got a good base for a game. Limiting it to a 4 person co op seems lame but understandable for a small studio. I will definitely sign up for closed beta if I can play it on my Xbox. This seems to have the feel of Bioshock without the guns meets new age Might and Magic in FP mode.
We're working on ways to make it bigger, but for now our MVP is 4 player. We'd love to get 50, but there's technical challenges there. The moment it can be done, we'll make sure it happens. Xbox will be our first console platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb610 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super cool!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is significantly better looking than one might expect clicking on an indie game from p99 forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks awesome, actually. Will the dungeons be randomly generated?
At first, we wanted to build them procedurally, but we really wanted people to be able to able to explore a HUGE dungeon, make boss mobs tough to find, and also give people the ability to get lost, so we felt it would be impossible to ever learn the dungeons if they were procedurally generated. I think it worked out good, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any objectives that have to be completed other than fighting off the hordes of monsters?
Tons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Some are very obvious (the primary Quest of getting to and killing the boss). Some are extremely difficult, unknown or not obvious. Some involve areas that are completely hidden. Some provide simple upgrades for the current instance (like a buff for the rest of the raid) some provide high level gear to keep or other character trinkets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like somebody took alot of "notes" playing Skyrim and thought making a fantasy based left for dead game mode
Yes, very much like L4D. Slightly slower, more tactical, more looking for secrets/quests, but tougher and more hardcore.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Orc

looks hella dope dude
Old 03-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Nice! Look forward to this!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like fun to play! Maybe add a map with more bright enviroments for us sunshine people?
Good luck
Closed Thread