Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-18-2018, 09:35 PM
Large Rat

Default DB error - invalid password

I've read through the post with similar problems and none of their solutions have helped.

I have forum account and an eqemu account (it wont let me link them but login/pw are the same for both). I have installed the game correctly and even deleted it and reinstalled it (deleting the needed files, and patching over the needed ones with the p99 files).

any help at all would be appreciated.

also computer is up to date as are all drives even motherboard bios so the issue is not there. I also use this for gaming only and do not have antivirus running on the this drive.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:10 PM
Large Rat

Guess it would be helpful to mention this is at the game log in screen.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Password is case sensitive. You prolly aren’t typing it right. Software and hardware have nothing to do with this. It seems like user error.

Go back to your emu and reset your password and then login to your email and follow instructions. Then write it down so you don’t forget.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Large Rat

there are no capitals so its not that, I have reset the pw and left out any changes in case. its also a common password of mine for these type things, again not a user error on this, I would have mistakenly got it right by now, I've been trying everything i can think of for over 8 hours.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve changed passwords and logged in within seconds of the new password. I’ve been logged in an account and changed the password and logged out and back in with the new password. I’ve used specials , caps, not, and everything in between with no error. While tying this I changed a password and logged in so it’s not the database. Check your login username and password again.

Don’t take this as crass or condescending but the DB is pretty basic bitch setup for end users it works if you type it right or doesn’t if you don’t.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-18-2018, 11:46 PM
Large Rat

:sigh:

just to say I've tried everything that could be a miss cased or spelled pw I changed it to asdfghjkl (straight line of the middle keys on the keyboard, all lower case). there can be no messing it up over and over yet... same error. again its not a username or pw error, I understand the simplicity of the system and that is why i'm at a loss to figure out just why i cant log in, and would appreciate any help at all outside of user error which i have eliminated the possibility of. (at least as far as the user name and password are concerned, not saying the issue is not in my files, or how my computer is communicating with the system)
Old 03-18-2018, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Are you using p99 emu login or eqemu login. Make a new one and test that. If that works than you need to escalate this to petitions.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 PM
Large Rat

as far as the web pages i have the same usernames and pw for both. the emulator that i'm trying to log in is what ever default is used after patching the everquest files with the p99 ones using the "Launch Titanium" file. I'm ok with opening a petition however I was hoping someone somewhere had some help before resorting to a petition.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Are you returning to p99? or are you setting this up for the first time?

Are you resetting game account passwords? Or resetting forum account passwords?

Account management was already moved to the p99 forums when I started here and I just had to use the account management options in the upper left box of the main p99 page
Old 03-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Large Rat

i am returning but have a new computer since the last log in.

am currently searching for any other passwords to reset.

account management has been here since i joined last was just covering all the bases.