Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Default P1999 TAKE 2

Is there any possibility of starting up a brand new P1999v2 based server? I wouldnt want to reboot the current P1999, but would love to start afresh with the timelines of the expansions P1999 enjoyed. Is this possible?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

First

There will be, sometime in the next few months to few years.

/Thread

<3
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Nilbog has stated that he wants to finish the main project (blue/red) before the starts a new server. As to what that new server will be is not yet disclosed.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

---
lulz go back to RnF.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

There should be a stickied FAQ on P99 Green progress / intentions / future plans. No slight on the OP intended at all but we see a thread about this once a week either calling for server wipes or for questions on Green.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be a stickied FAQ on P99 Green progress / intentions / future plans. No slight on the OP intended at all but we see a thread about this once a week either calling for server wipes or for questions on Green.
The problem with that is it would require the people in charge to definitively say something about future P99 servers, and historically they've been extremely cagey about saying anything official on that topic.

... which isn't to say they haven't said anything. If you read individual developer posts you can absolutely get an idea of what "Green" will probably/maybe look like (completely fresh, 100% classic server, including a classic timeline which means it will end in two years and then something ... maybe a migration of all characters to Blue, maybe just their deletion ... will happen, and then the server will restart and do it all over again).

But all of that is just their thoughts/plans, which are not finalized, and until they are I don't think they want to make an official statement.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-21-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with that is it would require the people in charge to definitively say something about future P99 servers, and historically they've been extremely cagey about saying anything official on that topic.
To be fair, I would be hesitant to commit to something that hundreds or thousands of people might be looking forward to that I do in my spare time.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

>still thinking a fresh p99 would be sunshine and lolipops
Old 03-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, I would be hesitant to commit to something that hundreds or thousands of people might be looking forward to that I do in my spare time.
Heh, well I meant more that it's a problem for us, not for the developers, but I second the idea that it's perfectly reasonable for them to not commit/publish commitments about anything.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

What about a section on the wiki that is just exactly that: a recollection of everything that has been said on the forums, mostly by GMs or devs etc. about anything new server related. In this way it is not an official statement of anything from staff, but merely a kind of ongoing FAQ because this is indeed one of the most frequent and recurrent topic on this forum hehe - with nothing new in between new threads we go full loop quite fast every time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about a section on the wiki that is just exactly that: a recollection of everything that has been said on the forums, mostly by GMs or devs etc. about anything new server related. In this way it is not an official statement of anything from staff, but merely a kind of ongoing FAQ because this is indeed one of the most frequent and recurrent topic on this forum hehe - with nothing new in between new threads we go full loop quite fast every time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a really, really good idea! It's also totally within the realm of p99 wiki material. I even believe there are pages similar to this outside the norm of discussion pages.
What would we call this page?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread