Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Gotcha, I'll start searching and getting the CHA up to 250!!! Thank you all!!!!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Groups that do not want you to charm are either bad groups or had a bad Chanter in the past.

Don't be a bad Chanter.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

as far as gear is concerned, yes drop the -cha bracer. another boring +7cha bracer is better than that thing. you can get a velium fire wedding ring cheap in place of the ring of the frost spiders. and a worn cloth mantle for the shoulders.

will put you way under budget. you are pretty much on track with where you should be with what you have to spend. anything better will break the wallet.

Id highly recommend trying to get onto some hate raids for insidious armor, or kael arena groups for silk drops. That is where you are going to see the best of improvement in your situation.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotcha, I'll start searching and getting the CHA up to 250!!! Thank you all!!!!
205 worn CHA. Overwhelming Splendor at 56 will max you at at 255.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Added benefit to the charisma train is that at 200ish you'll rarely if ever get critical resists on lull spells. That is assuming you ain't trying to calm yellow or red cons.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconstant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't group with those people. The efficiency of a charmed pet is too much to pass up. Your stat priority should be getting 205 CHA then HP then INT coming in at a distant third place.
1. The efficiency of a charmed pet is directly related to how long the enchanter can not go afk. A petless grp w/ enchanter can still pull and kill if the chanter goes afk for a few. If a pet is involved, the grp has to watch the pet during afk's. Not everyone is me, and can go 4-5 hours w/o taking an afk.

2. Additionally, some camps require tricky cc sometimes, and a loose pet is going to severely increase the chance of a wipe if it happens during those kinds of pulls.

3. And finally, some camps / grps you run out of mobs even w/o a pet, so the efficiency is moot, unless you want to take long afk's b/w respawns -- all except the chanter, who can't, because they have a pet to maintain.

Pet charming is situationally efficient, not universally efficient. Anyone who does not get that, I would not group with them ;P
Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So CHA is way more important than INT, even if I do a lot of grouping?

In my past about 70% of my groups don't want me to charm. I have another cats eye bracelet and can easily get an ishva robe, and also have the gypsy medallion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconstant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't group with those people. The efficiency of a charmed pet is too much to pass up. Your stat priority should be getting 205 CHA then HP then INT coming in at a distant third place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups that do not want you to charm are either bad groups or had a bad Chanter in the past.

Don't be a bad Chanter.
I'm surprised its only 70% of groups that tell you not to charm when over 90% of the server are complete nubs.

Always charm a pet and make sure anybody in the group who can stun keeps an eye out for pet breaks and helps you out with a stun while you recharm.

The reason why they dont want you to keep a pet is to keep saving their asses with AOE mez from their absurdly haphazard and hideous pulls that are in theory supposed to move your XP bar faster. The reason why they don't want you to pet is because one pet break during any of these ugly pulls will result in a wipe, which stops the bar completely. They are too lazy/bad to help root adds and stun your charmed pet.

Its a bunch of melee bonehead nubs that want one cleric doing nothing but clicking CH and an Enchanter doing all the work, and they want to bitch at ~~~you~~~ for the wipe because "you had a charmed pet." This is the highest form of nubdom and should not be tolerated for one second. This is, sadly, the current state of the server.

Always have a charmed pet. Get CHA then worry about HP. You can ToT caster mobs for mana, INT and mana pool comes third.

Don't let nubs tell you how to play EQ because they are fucking wrong. Period.

<The A-Team>
Old 03-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised its only 70% of groups that tell you not to charm when over 90% of the server are complete nubs.

Always charm a pet and make sure anybody in the group who can stun keeps an eye out for pet breaks and helps you out with a stun while you recharm.

The reason why they dont want you to keep a pet is to keep saving their asses with AOE mez from their absurdly haphazard and hideous pulls that are in theory supposed to move your XP bar faster. The reason why they don't want you to pet is because one pet break during any of these ugly pulls will result in a wipe, which stops the bar completely. They are too lazy/bad to help root adds and stun your charmed pet.

Its a bunch of melee bonehead nubs that want one cleric doing nothing but clicking CH and an Enchanter doing all the work, and they want to bitch at ~~~you~~~ for the wipe because "you had a charmed pet." This is the highest form of nubdom and should not be tolerated for one second. This is, sadly, the current state of the server.

Always have a charmed pet. Get CHA then worry about HP. You can ToT caster mobs for mana, INT and mana pool comes third.

Don't let nubs tell you how to play EQ because they are fucking wrong. Period.
You are wrong, and your post explains why you are wrong.

If you play in pickup groups, you have to play within the limits of that group, or experience rate suffers from wipes, loss of camps, and lengthy cr's. And maybe you are the player who would rather wipe than play within the limits of a pug? Unless everything is perfect, you waaaah, newbs! and get the grp wiped?

Bad game, friend, bad game. I'd avoid grouping with you like the plague.

To play in a pug, and then complain about it, is what is weak. Different players have diff skill / knowledge levels. If you can't handle adapting your style to a pug, then don't join pugs.

An enchanter who insists on charming, regardless of the skill of the group, is the one who is the problem.

Pro-tip: Pugs are not good if your goal is min/maxing! And min/maxers suck as members of pugs!
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 03-27-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer
You are wrong, and your post explains why you are wrong.

If you play in pickup groups, you have to play within the limits of that group, or experience rate suffers from wipes, loss of camps, and lengthy cr's. And maybe you are the player who would rather wipe than play within the limits of a pug? Unless everything is perfect, you waaaah, newbs! and get the grp wiped?
Sadre you are right about one thing. That you have to play within the limits of a group. However that bar is set very very low with regards to keeping an enchanter alive with a (hasted!) charmed pet. All that is required is a cleric that lands a fast heal (Remedy then Divine Light if needed) or stun on a pet break. The rest is handled by the enchanter (stuns/mez/recharm etc). I have been in pugs where the cleric is unable or unwilling to do this effectively. In those cases I just drop haste from the pet because I can handle a break easily enough (especially with cleric buffs).

Sure people have different playstyles. Some people want to just c2, haste and mez every once in a while. That might be fine for some but it is incredibly boring to me. Having a charmed pet up is fun, interesting and at 50+ (earlier too) the charmed pet always tops dps regardless of classes and gear of groups with the added benefit of making everyone's exp bar move faster.

When people come here asking for enchanter advice they are showing an interest in learning how to play the class effectively. If you want to semi-afk, c2 and haste then gear doesn't really matter all that much. The advice I gave is relevant for playing the class to its full potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer
An enchanter who insists on charming, regardless of the skill of the group, is the one who is the problem.

Pro-tip: Pugs are not good if your goal is min/maxing! And min/maxers suck as members of pugs!
An enchanter who insists on charming can simply choose not to group with players that don't appreciate the fun and power of charmed pet. They are not the "problem".
Last edited by Inconstant; 03-27-2016 at 08:27 PM..
Old 03-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

You won't charm in every group. Sometimes you'll choose not to charm when there's barely enough to pull (Karnors). Charming actually decreases your XP in those situations by intentionally denying yourself a mob.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread