Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-18-2022, 09:15 AM
Banned

Gross
Old 10-18-2022, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

I always remove all my gear and equip a bad weapon then run up to EC walking around all goofy and the buffs fly in.

If I take the time to ask anyone they ignore me generally.

This method has also had people drop 500+ plat on me in a trade window several times.

Before they nerfed hobbit guards I would always pretend to be new and sell finesteel for people, lots of times they would unload 1000+P on me after a few hours of being dutiful while leveling an alt.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0053g0053 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always remove all my gear and equip a bad weapon then run up to EC walking around all goofy and the buffs fly in.

If I take the time to ask anyone they ignore me generally.

This method has also had people drop 500+ plat on me in a trade window several times.

Before they nerfed hobbit guards I would always pretend to be new and sell finesteel for people, lots of times they would unload 1000+P on me after a few hours of being dutiful while leveling an alt.
This man is playing Chess while we're all playing Checkers...
Old 10-18-2022, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always fall victim to my demons. When I do an alt. I will always act completely retarded and have terrible weapons, act completely out of roll, and always get showered with mentorship and equipment.

Its hard for me, because I honestly feel like I am providing a service; They feel incredibly good for helping someone out, and I add to my dragon hoard of platinum. Sometimes, it ends up being more fun that actually playing. I will just hangout with people and chat while they show me where the bank is in kelethin then talk about memories ect.

Eventually I get stuck in the tunnel rat cycle, fully gear out my toon, then immediately lose interest in leveling anymore, since there is nothing to upgrade until raiding.

I think I am always chasing that dragon of the original experience..... I have to come clean....

When /consent let you loot peoples corpses. I would camp out around the tree in blackburrow or surefall glades and convince people to let me drag their corpses to the zone line, only to loot the bodies of their items. I must have done this a hundred times before they patched it out. It was just so damn addicting. It must be what it felt like to be a highwayman or something.

My max level at the time was 8, which took a while in those days (lol) Yet I had thousands of plat. The funny thing is.... I was such a noob, I never left Qeynos for months. One day I rerolled a druid in Kelethin, and never made it to EC for months. When I finally found that trade hub, my mind was blown.

Unfortunately those experiences are well beyond the jaded adult I have become ;w;
Old 10-18-2022, 11:32 PM
Orc

Yup I always travel around buffing people all over Norrath on my Enc Amazn, or my Shammy Mojoman, i`ll even run around in velks before I log buffing random groups with no enc in group.

Most of the time they`ll say thanks, those that don't I assume they are afk, or didn't notice I buffed them, sometimes, I've already left the zone , and I will get a tell saying thanks .
Old 10-18-2022, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure it's a man?
Old 10-18-2022, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

The goose is LOOSE!
Old 10-19-2022, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]