Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: First class on fresh green?
Bard 34 8.33%
Cleric 26 6.37%
Druid 39 9.56%
Enchanter 53 12.99%
Magician 28 6.86%
Monk 17 4.17%
Necromancer 47 11.52%
Paladin 18 4.41%
Ranger 12 2.94%
Rogue 11 2.70%
Shadow knight 15 3.68%
Shaman 44 10.78%
Warrior 15 3.68%
Wizard 25 6.13%
Won't play on a new server 24 5.88%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2023, 04:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always have the notion to play SK, and then inevitably end up rolling Chanter

This time [current Green] - as soon as I get P99 working on Mint, and am back home (away for a couple of days) - I will role an Erudite Cazic-Thule worshipping SK. I did plan rolling an Inkie, but I did that last time on P99 (Chanter & Warrior).

I have never started on Odus, and have little knowledge of the area - only visiting Erudin once or twice back in Velious on Live, and soloing on Wisp Island to build up some plat iny teens.
I did a Erudite Cazic-Thule worshipping Cleric on Green and it was extremely fun. You'll have a real good time with your Erudite SK, and they look really cool!
Old 04-13-2023, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always have the notion to play SK, and then inevitably end up rolling Chanter

This time [current Green] - as soon as I get P99 working on Mint, and am back home (away for a couple of days) - I will role an Erudite Cazic-Thule worshipping SK. I did plan rolling an Inkie, but I did that last time on P99 (Chanter & Warrior).

I have never started on Odus, and have little knowledge of the area - only visiting Erudin once or twice back in Velious on Live, and soloing on Wisp Island to build up some plat iny teens.
FYI dont think u can be Erudite SK at start? Maybe im wrong. I know they can be necros. Not sure about SKs as paineel isnt there
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 04-15-2023, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

Correct, Erudite SK comes with Paineel.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, Erudite SK comes with Paineel.
Only SK is Ogre SK, unless you're that damn good and you go DE for the flex.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

On vine I was super torn on Orge VS DE. DE with high int and able to pot bind themselves is a nice feature. But the FSI with orge and knowing DE mask was also in play. Made me favor mama Vine. People will also fight argument if FSI is worth it.. But when splitting raid trash early green Ie like Fire giants. I always felt better w/o having it. End of day race doesn't matter pick what you want. Just yeah sadly Erudite flex isnt in until Paineel. Though again Necros can still pick I believe just not SK.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 04-16-2023, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On vine I was super torn on Orge VS DE. DE with high int and able to pot bind themselves is a nice feature. But the FSI with orge and knowing DE mask was also in play. Made me favor mama Vine. People will also fight argument if FSI is worth it.. But when splitting raid trash early green Ie like Fire giants. I always felt better w/o having it. End of day race doesn't matter pick what you want. Just yeah sadly Erudite flex isnt in until Paineel. Though again Necros can still pick I believe just not SK.
Would you go max int with DE? Ogre can and not be utter trash.

Ogre also can firepot bind if you can find and pay up for a locket bind. Should be around 20k plat. But, without gate not much point in Firepot bind. Makes corpse runs easier I suppose.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

Froglok Paladin or Barbarian Beastlord.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

I’m going for a half elf cleric that believes only in themself!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-16-2023, 08:58 AM
Banned

my plan for oakwynd is rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2023, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only SK is Ogre SK, unless you're that damn good and you go DE for the flex.
I was that damn good I guess lol. I went DE SK for the Ring of the Dead and firepots bind. I was main tanking quite regularly for Venerate late classic/early kunark. Was a fun run (but eagerly awaiting 2.0)