Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not keep a public list of players who are perma-banned for cheating or whatever reason

so that the community can name and shame
And their forum handles and alts.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And their forum handles and alts.
Right

if people know they are gonna be publicly named for their bad actions, they are gonna be less likely to cheat

and if people know who they are, they aren't going to be able to just re-roll a fresh reputation
Old 08-31-2023, 12:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tried the client. The mouselook was so jittery/laggy and uneven that I had to quit out after trying a few possible solutions. Gave me some decent eyestrain. Hope it's fixed somehow as this is absolutely a deal breaker.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatta_01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried the client. The mouselook was so jittery/laggy and uneven that I had to quit out after trying a few possible solutions. Gave me some decent eyestrain. Hope it's fixed somehow as this is absolutely a deal breaker.
I haven't installed the Quarm patch file yet.

I think you're saying it's not improved at all or enough over the TAKP F9 x2 zoomout?
Old 08-31-2023, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

The best anti cheat will be to reduce the useful info that is sent to the client. Secrets arvises this is already implemented. This could be leveraged further by sending false info that only showeq users would pick up: e.g send location updates for fake cloaked quillmanes that don’t actually appear in game.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-31-2023, 02:36 AM
Banned

Re: the client.

p1999 client = Titanium + mods
PQ client = TAKP client + mods = EQMac client updated + mods

This should temper everyone's expectations regarding initial Project Quarm population. For many the PQ client will be a downgrade from the experience of what p99 currently offers although it would be an upgrade from what live was at the time classic released.

P99 Titanium client is really something special. Folks love it despite its non-classicness. Devs done a great job with it modifying it to 'feel right' and in era. Possibly one of p1999's best open secret weapons. You won't find code for p99's client on github like you can with TAKP.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:50 PM
Kobold

I played on TAKP for a little while a couple times here and there and never had any issue with the client.

What are the major differences between the current TAKP client and what Quarm will be using?

I'm one of those weird people that spends the vast majority of my EQ time in first person even on P99, but I bounce out with mouse scroll to check surroundings and whatnot.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

I for one, am greatly looking forward to this. I truly appreciate them bringing this to us. It probably will have issues, and growing pains, just like p99. But I am down to enjoy the ride.
I've done Shards,Takp,p99, and Wayfarer's Haven. P99 is by far the best, that I've enjoyed.

Big things that makes it make or break for me will be.

Boxing-This is what turned me off from Shards and Wayfarers. It just kills the fun for me, I play to play with others. End of story.

QoL-I am not a has to be 1000% like it was in classic, I am fine with minor QoL changes, and seems Secrets and team has that in mind.

CSR- I don't have the long history of blue/red GMs. Can only say, good CSRs are vital for any server, hopefully Quarms team is all about my next item. (Wayfarers had the best)

Community- all EQ servers I've played on. Wayfarers, crapped all over the others. Which I believed stemmed from CSR's who didnt take BS from cancerous players. Players who caused issues, seem to been banned hammered quickly. This left generally super friendly, helpful, and less backstabby people on server. This server had the best community, that felt more like classic EQ on Erollisi Marr then P99

Raiding- So far though the rules have changed a little. I believe Secrets rotation style raiding scene is the best. Once into Luclin, PoP. There wont be an issue. But p99 can easily show how little content, that's a bottle neck is rough. (cough greens fear release into Thanos snap)

Classic- At first I didn't think it was going to be as classic as we wanted. But their spending the effort to make it that way. Ie legacy stuff, Hybrid exp penalty. I hope to keep seeing more and more. This just takes tons of effort.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-31-2023, 02:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't installed the Quarm patch file yet.

I think you're saying it's not improved at all or enough over the TAKP F9 x2 zoomout?
I didn't notice a big difference, but I won't be playing at all on takp, because this Quarm idea is what I have been waiting for with classic to PoP. This excitement abated immediately as soon as I logged in. The game play experience is so much better in P99 in regards to smoothness of mouse look and lack of latency. When you move the mouse to look around there is a few hundred ms of lag to the look response.

Scrolling out and playing from third person is also broken for me as I can't really get full control of the camera and it moves in very unusual ways.

I was very sad to discover this, and I hope there is a way to fix it. Drastically different from P99.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatta_01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't notice a big difference, but I won't be playing at all on takp, because this Quarm idea is what I have been waiting for with classic to PoP. This excitement abated immediately as soon as I logged in. The game play experience is so much better in P99 in regards to smoothness of mouse look and lack of latency. When you move the mouse to look around there is a few hundred ms of lag to the look response.

Scrolling out and playing from third person is also broken for me as I can't really get full control of the camera and it moves in very unusual ways.

I was very sad to discover this, and I hope there is a way to fix it. Drastically different from P99.
Back when I first started on P99 in 2011 I had very similar issues, which were fixed by using WinEQ2.0 to load the game. Is there really no similar solution such as WinEQ2.0 or configuring hardware settings to smooth out TAKP client?
Closed Thread