Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mickey let me know when, i can only play nights from about 9:30 on (mountain time) i'm thinking of a cleric maybe.
Well I usually don't log on much before 10-11pm mst, sometimes a bit later. Lifelong graveyard employment combined with nocturnal personality. If you're on that late I'm happy to roll whatever.

Obviously effective duos with a cleric would be what, enc, mag, bar, war/sk. None give access to travel, though Bard at least can sow song. Mag or war/sk lack mana regen. War/sk, and somewhat bard, are a bit equipment gimped. Enc lacks tanking until charm, and then is situational. So plusses and minuses all around.

There's also the theme thing...cle/pal undead hunters. Gimped with anything other than undead, but very effective there.

If we find a 3rd on that late and interested the uber trio, imo, is probably Dru/Enc/Mag. Always wanted to static that awesomeness, especially when no-twink due to summons and tradeskills.

For evil side I doubt we could beat ikky mon/sha, though it's an overdone duo (with good reason). Either nec or sk make a great 3rd with that pair.

Thoughts?
Last edited by mickey182; 12-29-2014 at 02:04 AM..
Old 12-29-2014, 03:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am often on during off-peak so I am more than likely on when you guys are. Lvl 9 Iksar Shaman atm.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i started a half elf bard in gfay last night and i'm almost to lvl 3, i'll be on tonight. send me a tell (kasandi)
Old 12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

doesnt everyone who doesnt rmt start here untwinked?
Old 12-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Hello all

If someone want to reform the guild I am interested. I started a new ranger out of qeynos. Name: Glunier level 5 soon to be 6.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 12-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Hello

Samwise true , but most quickly are lured to the better weapons and gear from kunark and soon veliuos.

Some folks want to try out the game without all the mess. I was in a similar style guild on eqmac and it was a lot of fun.

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 12-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i started a half elf bard in gfay last night and i'm almost to lvl 3, i'll be on tonight. send me a tell (kasandi)
Ok...hmmm....in Gfay I'm thinking Magician. Will get something rolled up. BTW if you're confused this is still me, just an alt-account. LOL.
Last edited by phoenix182; 12-30-2014 at 01:39 AM..
Old 12-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Ok

ill be stuck in qeynos for a few levels. will see when i can move to more centralized freeport or out into greaterfaydark area.

Nilbog:

Old 12-30-2014, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
doesnt everyone who doesnt rmt start here untwinked?
In this thread, twinking includes being given or purchasing items that you couldn't obtain yourself.

I think the OP is encouraging people to play in a way where they have to camp/quest their own items instead of just gathering up plat to get a decent weapon.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

got a day off so i'm going to log in for a bit. i'll be off and on all day
Closed Thread