Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Double Exp Weekend huge fail.

I'm sure some people will argue with me on this point but from what I saw and read in /ooc is a lot of the zones this weekend was a huge fail.

Why??

Let me put it to you this way. If I open a bar to sell drinks at regular price i'll get my average flow of customers and I supply enough to keep the demand. Now if on one weekend I advertise to half price on drinks and I keep the same supply whats going to happen? There will clearly not be enough for the demand and this is whats happened for this weekend.

Double experience great, but it has also drawn crowds and power levellers that NEED a bigger supply, some zones easily doubling their average weekend capacity. For example KC on average had 45 people in zone thats clearly too many to have enough mobs to keep people happy with the regular spawn times and trust me it wasnt, people were taking mobs left right and center.

A smart move would have been halving the normal mob respawn timers to keep up with the demand, leave the names how it was. If you have to fight over mobs and the spawns arent keeping up with demand it negates the double experience as youre getting a lot less mobs to kill.

TBH the only ones that benefitted from this weekend are the no lifers that played 24/7 and stayed in a camp spot. Also the fact that power levelling wasn't banned for the weekend was an absolute joke.

I hope the GMS learn from this so we don't have another fucked up double experience weekend.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:57 AM
Banned

double XP is the equivalent to society collapsing and chaos breaking out.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Fire Giant

I had the best time in kc last double exp. Shit was insane and I pulled many mobs to my groupies. Eye of Zomm was the key.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:01 AM
Fire Giant

On double xp weekend DO NOT GO TO THE SAME OVERPOPULATED ZONES. It's really simple and common sense. I had a great time yesterday in paw. There are a lot of ghost towns on the server, utilize them, at least for this weekend.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:05 AM
Fire Giant

^exactly
Old 10-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On double xp weekend DO NOT GO TO THE SAME OVERPOPULATED ZONES. It's really simple and common sense. I had a great time yesterday in paw. There are a lot of ghost towns on the server, utilize them, at least for this weekend.
hole, kedge, dreadlands, thurgadin, emerald jungle, kaesora, all PACKED.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

learn to play and u wont be so mad
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

There were many mobs in DL
Old 10-04-2015, 05:51 AM
Banned

people who played more everquest did more things in everquest

personally i'm shocked
Old 10-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

"learn to play and u wont be so mad"

Typical uneducated and totally irrelevant response. Knowing or not knowing how to play will not make any difference to the lack of mobs, maybe someone needs to sit down and explain that too you lol. Also at no point did I say i was mad about it I just hardly played and did other things. I was more stating that the event failed on a whole and it should be done better next time.
Closed Thread