Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Human Green monk deity

Never played a human monk before - looks like it's either Quellious or Agnostic.

Is there anything to consider? I like having a deity, but is there a particular reason to roll Agnostic for a human monk, on P99? I'm planning on having him guised, if anything.

Starting area isn't a concern.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Probably some faction hits in evil cities if you roll Quellious, but I don't know for sure.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you end up with a guise, agnostic monk will be welcome in evil cities a bit better than Quellious I think.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Agnostic goes a HUGE way in this game.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Agnostic Monks start in Qeynos and Quellious Monks in Freeport. That's worth considering if you're planning on grouping with friends early on.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quellious gets a bad hit in Neriak but not so much in Grobb/Oggok. If you get a guise that's something to consider. Being agnostic is helpful for neutral faction, except keep in mind if you ever have the option to worship Solusek Ro with a character, that is even better then Agnostic, since it has all the same faction hits, but slightly higher with KoT and PoM in Freeport, a plus to Solusek Ro temple obviously, and only a minor loss with Dreadguard Inner, which red wine can fix.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quellious is considered a "good" deity. I think a Dark Elf monk who worships Quellious would have to peek around corners and stuff. A Dark Elf monk who is agnostic would probably be quite safe anywhere Dark Elves are.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

I would say the benefits to leveling in Qeynos as a good human monk, outweigh the benefits of being able to be slightly less kos in Nerriak.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keep in mind if you ever have the option to worship Solusek Ro with a character, that is even better then Agnostic, since it has all the same faction hits, but slightly higher with KoT and PoM in Freeport, a plus to Solusek Ro temple obviously, and only a minor loss with Dreadguard Inner, which red wine can fix.
Bad game coding if that's the case. Followers of Solusek Ro should be unwelcome in Wood Elf/High Elf cities. He burned down their homeland.........
Old 09-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad game coding if that's the case. Followers of Solusek Ro should be unwelcome in Wood Elf/High Elf cities. He burned down their homeland.........
It seems like NPC's are mostly concerned with enemies that destroy their own lands. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ive never heard an NPC say "You've once ruined my lands, can't ruin them again!"
Closed Thread