Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Lull pulling is quicker and takes much less mana* than feign pulling in situations where the lull-type spells can be expected to land reliably (low blues, which by nature includes much experience fodder). Feign is clearly far superior for splitting difficult monsters or as a safer option for situations where there's no place to run to in the event of trouble. Even on my Shadow Knight I'll gladly use Rest the Dead in preference to snare/feign when I'm able to do so safely. Different tools for different jobs.

*Shadow Knights who have blood ember gloves/legs can feign split for no mana, but it's still quite slow. Paladins of course have a Soothe click available.

-----------------------------------

For what the original poster seems to want I recommend Paladin. Shadow Knight is too much of a late bloomer for me to suggest it as an "occasional" alt.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 01-06-2020 at 08:49 PM..
Old 01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

The OP can't really lose IMHO. Both are great classes. So much that it's not rare to find someone with a SK and a pally (pallies are more rare than sk's, probably the least played toon on the server). The SK will solo easier but both are capable of it.

If I had to start from scratch on green/teal I'd prob lean paladin; Unrest was made for a dwarf pally. The lowbie cleric hp/ac buff is more efficient than self heals until greater healing. At 22 the SK can effectively fear-kite so I'd say they tie at that point since mobs aren't hitting too hard. Gear wise on classic the Ghoulbane is a serious weapon and seems to be selling for only slightly more than on blue (800p); I dinged lvl 40 in hag tower so it would be my path.

Blue changes some stuff up, especially if you have tons of plat or are raiding (sk epic ftw). The DW helm is seriously underrated if you have the patience to click your way to victory. It's definitely easier save up for than a fungi.
Closed Thread