Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

I really think that reduced variance and increased repops would help A LOT. Why these simple changes havent been implemented is beyond me. Repops simulated every 2 weeks with a 3 day variance on repop weeks. Mob timers stay close forever, active timezones and days change, and decreased variance lowers the supposed ceiling.

If anything try these changes before implementing rotations, alternaye servers, randoming lol.

But these suggestions arent new, nor will they be heeded. Let the rats fight for cheese every week
Old 01-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But these suggestions arent new, nor will they be heeded. Let the rats fight for cheese every week
This is the only expected outcome.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Banned

IF they removed variance, did bunch of earthquakes, etc.. all that would change is A/A would gear alts faster.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF they removed variance, did bunch of earthquakes, etc.. all that would change is A/A would gear alts faster.
Stabatani is thirsty.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This weekend is probably the best argument for a server split. Take 300+ raiders out of the mix and everyone's amazed that they get a better chance at content. It's a population problem, doesn't matter what guilds are at the top.

"Taking out the top" only results in the tops splitting from each other or an entirely new top
Old 01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an idiot.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrostoner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an idiot.
im not, ive been on both ends and woke the sleeper
Old 01-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not really, can't be everywhere during a quake

targets like doze, eashen, vulak, etc. would obviously be prioritized but there's lots of opportunity for guilds not named A/A to score targets during quakes
Old 01-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not really, can't be everywhere during a quake

targets like doze, eashen, vulak, etc. would obviously be prioritized but there's lots of opportunity for guilds not named A/A to score targets during quakes
some, but left overs, they mobilize fast enough and can snap kill at a greater rate. we wouldnt be totally left out, but would have 1-2 mobs. max compared to 10
Old 01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

We're getting into some big time custom content / non-classic fixes here, but maybe I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Obviously there is a server population issue, as more guilds are capable of dropping big name targets, top guilds don't want to do rotations. I think what you need is more options to target.

I'm not very familiar with NToV mobs, but it seems like no one 'fights' there, it is just pulling the big names out to exit or zone in. Why not make trash capable of dropping certain dragon loots and other goodies? I'm not talking Vulak pieces or BiS pieces, but stuff that is obviously a juicy upgrade to casuals (yet neckbeards wouldn't waste their DKP on it). Make it a rare drop off the trash, and make uncommon drops a mix of Unadorned or Ancient armor pieces (SS or Kael armor quests). Can even make some mobs placeholders for Minis like in the Planes.

The only mobs I heard can make rare drops like this are flurry drakes, but I hear they are non-classic and most people don't bother pulling them because of their difficulty.

Maybe you will have the smaller guys crawling through here more and farming the zone a bit. Can also help prevent 'train up and train down' zone pulls, because you can't train people in the zone.

Obviously this will mess with your CoV faction, but it would be cool to see more guilds get on Kael faction instead of just Skyshrine / Thurg for HoT / Arena farming. Should reduce Sontalak's difficulty to make it more classic as well, can help open more Sleeper's keys in the long run.

Another issue with this is you'd just put all your eggs in one basket for loot (ToV). You could expand this to more zones, such as VP (gotta fix spawn rate there though), Sleepers Tomb, Sirens Grotto, and Dragon Necropolis (hell, even those beastly golems in Velks).

I was also shocked to see only 2 pieces of loot drop on some dragon kills, no idea it was that bad. If 4-8 pieces dropped (again, not all BiS stuff, but stuff for alts / newer members to bid on) maybe... just maybe, some rotation agreements can be made between a few guilds (doubt it would be all).

Having 2,000 people zero in on 30 targets is just never going to work.

As far as what GMs can do, make a decree that if you compete for Velious raid targets, you cannot kill old world / Kunark dragons (except VP). This would include making level 52s for Vox / Naggy, CT and Draco, Hate Minis, etc. Would need to be enforced if they create some kind of 'alt guild' with cross platform DKP (perhaps IP checks or something). Some exceptions for epics would probably have to be made, else maybe some agreement can be made between old world / kunark guilds (such as white scale for bard epic for loot rights on a velious dragon).

Can also increase bans. 10 day seems weak in my opinion, losing a few cycles only. 30-day minimum.

Variance can also be removed or greatly decreased, as seems to be the consensus from most people.

Hopefully that helps thin the top out by adding more drop options. I welcome all criticism as to how horrible this is!
Closed Thread